Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where to live for a fruitarian-agroforestry life?
Posted by: Vlad ()
Date: August 31, 2007 11:08AM

I can't stand most foods really well anymore except grapes berries and cherries.
Include watermelon and probably pomegranates.

I require a lot of food, all the time. My body works well on sugar.
I need to have access to sweet fruits for free, all the time. I don't like a money based system for that. It should be free and available from trees naturally.

Where to go?

I would like a place like India or Hawaii.
I'm also european and don't have american nationality needed to stay a long time in Hawaii or India apart from a touristic visit. I also don't like India because there's too many people there. I want solitude to a degree.

What is on my mind is to purchase a big piece of ground somewhere and plant all kinds of fruit trees and live there. A place like mediterranean europe could do for that purpose but it's in the middle of civilization. I like a more or less remote place. The pacific or somewhere like that.

Do any fruitarian-agroforestry communes exist?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where to live for a fruitarian-agroforestry life?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 31, 2007 11:12AM

Yes. They DO exist. However, my opinion/advice is to lead the pack......and purchase your own small plot of land somewhere. People need leaders....not more communities. Build a small house with the basic amenities.......and begin to intensively work your land in a harmonious fashion. Eat well....and live more life then you ever have before my friend. Share your knowledge and abundance with others and improve their lives.

-Either way....you will probably want to live in a temperate tropical or sub-tropical zone. That's why I live in south central Florida! Ha! ha! I did exactly as I listed above....and it's coming right along! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 01, 2007 04:22AM

Brasil has more fruit varieties than anywhere else, apparently. That's where I hope to head.

The people I know there eat tons of fresh local fruit, though they're not raw foodists. They send me photos of it, all kinds of fruit I've never seen or tried, like caju, acai, and lots more. They say it's cheap to eat it and mangos grow in the backyard.

[images.google.com.br]

Posted by: ErikSkulasonUSA ()
Date: September 01, 2007 06:25AM

I have to admit that I was thinking first to Paradise or Garden of Eden, but Brasil sounds great too: lots of fruits and gorgeous women - that will bring the Paradise down on Earth!
:-)

That's a place for me!

Brasil - here I come.

Pls. excuse my English - foreigner.

=============================================================
Medicine, Food Industry and Commerce are businesses.
Is their goal to make/keep me healthy or to make more profit?
=============================================================

Date: September 01, 2007 06:22PM

Erik the men are gorgeous too!

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: September 02, 2007 04:44AM

Perhaps they might be gorgeous because they eat so much fruit????? Thoughts?

Date: September 02, 2007 04:51AM

I honestly think that's true.

Many of them have beautiful skin and teeth and eyes, especially the ones who grew up in circumstances where eating simply was normal.

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: September 02, 2007 07:41PM

Aquadecoco,

Those fruits of Brazil look and sound good thanks for those photos and descriptions.
As for places to live I spend about 8 months a year in Southeast Asia mainly Thailand and there are a lot of good fruits there.
Only been to a border town in Brazil and was very impressed with the selection of fruits.

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Posted by: brome ()
Date: September 03, 2007 05:18PM

I posted this on the organic gardening section of the forum:

As incongruous as it may seem the grizzly bears of Denali National Park eat a diet of interest to both the vegan and fruitarian. In his book The Grizzlies of Mount McKinley, Adolph Murie gives an illuminating account of his research. First the bears hibernate for 5-6 months, from late October to April, a period of complete fasting. On coming out of their dens in the spring they concentrate on sprouting grasses, other greens, and a few roots. Although they will go for carrion if available, many do not find any and can go years on a pure vegan diet. Later as the berries ripen they will become fruitarians for a few months when there is a bountiful crop. There is quite a variety of fruit for being on the Arctic Circle; Blueberry, Crowberry, Buffaloberry, Cranberry, Bearberry Manzanita, Currents, Rose Hips, and Silverberry (Elaeagnus commutata). With careful selection some really good fruit could be produced even in the Arctic making possible a fruitarian existence even that far north. Plus the grizzlies favorite sprouting grass, Arctic Bentgrass could be a good supplement along with some of the other greens. Wild sprouting grasses can taste mouth watering good unlike wheat grass .

Other cold climate fruits I've read about: Paw Paw, a member of the tropical Custard Apple family, Juneberry, Jujube, Gooseberry. Lingonberry, Kiwifruit, Raspberry, Blackberry, Strawberry, Cherry, Plums, and many others. Plus, thru selection many southern fruits can have their cold tolerance increased. With thoasands of growers, each carefully selecting seeds and sharing them, tremendous advancements can be made in even a few plant generations. Wherever plants can grow fruitarians can flurish.

Date: September 14, 2007 10:30AM

I don't like south america. I've been to Peru and Bolivia - touristically yes - and don't really like the mentality there. South america doesn't feel safe and remote.
Besides, if you go to the amazon to get lost chances are in a few years some big corporation finds you on it's way clearing through the forest.

Date: September 14, 2007 10:38AM

I want to find a place where money holds little to no value, where there's fruits available all year round, and where it's safe. If I think of India and the far east these places even though full of poverty and overpopulated in areas seem better than south america. There's also tigers there in the wild in some areas which indicates a still more or less functional natural ecosystem.
Ideally I have to find such a place that also has a river/beach where I can chill and set up and devote myself to other non-capitalistic pursuits.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables