Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Liver cleansing detraction disproved
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: September 13, 2007 05:05PM

I did a liver cleanse a few days ago and didn't use any citrus,because I didn't have any,and I still got stones out, well they weren't hard stones they kind of had the consistancy of glue from a glue stick.

The next day I was reading about liver cleansing on the internet and came across this statement from a detractor that: the stones are not stones but are actually the result of the citrus interacting with the oil and clumping in much the same way that you would make a salad dressing with oil and lemons.

Since I didn't use any citrus I think that that detraction is totally wrong.

I didn't eat all day, then at 8pm I took 2 Tbsps of epsom salts in a glass of water and then an hour later I took 3/4c of grapeola oil (because I didn't have olive oil and I think I took more than I needed and it sat on my stomach for a long time, next time I'm going to take 1/2c or less).

I've never heard of epsom salts clumping oil so they must have been genuine stones!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liver cleansing detraction disproved
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 13, 2007 05:11PM

But what's the difference? (I'm saying this to the detractor)

If there's congestion and it comes out, it's all good. Doesn't sound like much of an argument by the detractor.

So where do the lumps come out? Sounds interesting!!

Was this process uncomfortable?

I was going to do one that Norman Walker suggested, bought the glauber (sp?) salts, but they smelled so vile! I kept that bottle for years and couldn't do it...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 13, 2007 05:13PM

once i ate that cassia from david wolfe and man, did i ever suffer. those cleanses are too harsh for me. i'll take a fast over that any day!

Date: September 13, 2007 05:44PM

See the detractor is saying that no stones are coming out and that we are just sending oil and lemons through our system and making salad dressing.

Another detraction is that stones will still show up on scans after a liver cleanse, but that is because the clease only takes some stones and then after the cleanse stones further back in the liver's "plumbing" will work their way forward and can be cleansed a few weeks later by doing another cleanse (which I plan to do soon). And to answer your question, the liver dumps the lumps into the colon.

Yes, it was uncomfortable, if you don't eat all day and then consume epsom salts and oil you are kind of miserable and nauseous, I kept burping oil burps and the epsom salts gave me diarrhea. As far as pain the liver, I really didn't feel any during the cleanse, I think that the epsom salts have a way of easing the pain, I know that they are taken to relax the muscles in the liver so the stones can flow freely.

The day after, I felt really tired (I think my blood had a high oil content) and I felt that something was not totally right in my liver, it wasn't stabbing pain it just felt kind of weird and like there was pressure where there shouldn't have been but that's gone now. I did some research and there is an herb called Gold Coin Grass which can break up hard stones in few weeks. I want to take some before my next cleanse, it seems kind of expensive, about $30 or so, I need to find a good source of Gold Coin Grass. They also recommend doing a parasite cleanse before you do the liver cleanse (I didn't do that either) because parasites can cause problems too.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: September 14, 2007 04:14PM

You have to drink apple or cramberry juice for 1 week before the cleanse,32 oz,because the malic acid on them makes the stones soft and you'll have no pain at all. Than, the day of the cleanse,the 6th day,you drink at 6 pm 3/4 water +1 T epson salt, and at 8 pm again ,and at 10 pm 1/2C olive oil + 1/2 C pink grape fruit or orange and lemon. At morning at 6 am 3/4 water and 1 T epson salt, at 8 am again and at 10 am fruit juice. That is it !
I heard that if you add 10 drops of black walnut tincture on your 10 pm oil and grapefruit juice it is great for parasite clease.I'll do that.
I'll do my 4th cleanse on October.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 14, 2007 05:04PM

Hey cy - doyou have problems with this and have you noticed any changes or anything from doing them?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 14, 2007 05:33PM

Actually, your liver bile is pretty acidic and can also cause the saponification of the olive oil without the lemon/citrus juice.

The next time you do this cleanse, take those "stone" into the sun and see if they melt. If they do, they are not gallstones!

Date: September 14, 2007 11:00PM

I think that it might have melted in the sun, that "stone" that I mushed up to see what it was made of was nasty. The first thought that came to mind was that it felt like a graphite-based lubricant that was extremely sticky. I had to wash several times just to rid of the clinging, sticky/slippery mess (sorry for the graphics).

It's what I imagine arterial plaque might be like, if I have plaque like that in my arteries I want to get rid of it. How does one do that anyway? I think that the only thing that I have heard of that disolves plaque is the Lemonade Diet, maybe that is where the mysterious mucoid plaque comes from that only seems to appear during cleanses, it's the arteries dumping their plaque, Hmmmmmmm?

So it wasn't a hard stone but I think that it was a "cholesterol stone" because it was green as I read on Wikipedia:

[en.wikipedia.org]

Gallstones have different appearance, depending of their contents. On the basis of their contents, gallstones can be subdivided into the two following types:

Cholesterol stones are usually green, but are sometimes white or yellow in color and account for about 80 percent of gallstones. They are made primarily of cholesterol.

Pigment stones are small, dark stones made of bilirubin and calcium salts that are found in bile. They account for the other 20 percent of gallstones. Risk factors for pigment stones include cirrhosis, biliary tract infections, and hereditary blood cell disorders, such as sickle cell anemia. Stones of mixed origin also occur.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: September 14, 2007 11:06PM

Hi Aquadecoco, I had no problem at all.In fact the first cleanse I did expell about 300 or more green,browm and black stones (greensones are the youngers,browns, and the black ones are the older).That was an amazing feeling.Also a foam that is collesterol from the bile.
The 2nd time I had many stones too and 3 of them were about 5 cm each.
The 3rd time I did expell bile fluid,sand like stones and foam. I did feel a little noxious,that's all. But,I feel great each time and one sign that I have a lot of stones is that my skin is very oil and much more on my forehead,and that is changing.
My digestion is getting better and better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables