Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dried Fruit
Posted by: veggiel0ve ()
Date: September 19, 2007 02:46AM

hey my fellow raw foodies : )
you guys rock.

i wanted to ask how ya'll felt about about dried fruit
do you guys gain weight from it make u feel tired or do you love it?

i have been following 80/10/10 by Dr Graham for a week and feel really good eating low fat raw. i've been eating raw for about 8 months but still have been suffering from acne and weight that just hasn't came off. Graham says dried fruit is hard to digest. this makes sense to me, and i also question how raw it is.
the thing is, i just love raisins, dates, and figs (staples for me) and live on a college campus with litte money.
just wanted to hear your thoughts about it.
thanks! blessings

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dried Fruit
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 19, 2007 03:13AM

theyre great in a pinch , i dont rely on them but they serve their purpose smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: Dried Fruit
Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: September 19, 2007 04:45PM

I really try to avoid dry fruit. It makes me feel almost as bad as eating cooked food (depending on how much I have). It dehydrates you, and one of the best things about raw is that everything is so full of water! I get stomach cramps when I eat dried fruit or too many nuts. I also eat it for the wrong reasons (cravings instead of hunger). I say eat it only in moderation, you will feel much better if you leave it out of your diet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables