Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New Raw Foodie
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 19, 2007 04:11AM

I have been eating low/no fat, fresh herbed foods and from what I thought "Healthy" for a number of years but felt something was not quite right, I wanted to go one more step. And I found that step...It's Raw. As I began this journey equipped with a few books I am finding that alot of recipes call for quite a bit more oil than I am used to eating and a boat load of nuts. After reading many of the posts on this site I am realizing I don't need to do this nor does eating raw have to be as complicated as some of the books I have. Any suggestion to a New Raw Foodie as to how to simplify my food prep, or what I should or shouldn't be doing to make a success of this or a book that fits my needs. I love the fresh foods but also want variety but having to soak and germinate and sprout most of my meals makes me dizzy!! I want simplicity and yummy things to eat!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Raw Foodie
Posted by: Yogatastic ()
Date: September 19, 2007 04:37AM

I would eat lots of fruits and veggies and only eat the nuts when you feel like you need something heavy b/c it will help you transition.
Do you have a juicer? Juicing greens and carrots is very helpful.

Even if you don't, here's a great simple green smoothie that tastes good, is filling and will give you an energy boost:

3 handfuls of greens (spinach is my favorite)
1 apple peeled and cored
1 banana
1 cup of water

Put it all in a blender and that's that! smiling smiley

I also suggest eating cantaloupe or fresh papaya for breakfast! Yummy and very simple!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 19, 2007 05:17AM

I eat all raw and I eat very little fat. I get most of my calories from fresh fruits (over 95%). The rest I get from leafy greens (lettuce and celery) and the ocassional nuts, seeds, avos.

If you already aren't eating fat, check out "The 80/10/10 Diet". I wrote about it this in post called My copy of The 80/10/10 Diet arrived today smiling smiley.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 19, 2007 05:43AM

I did the Wigmore type diet for over a year and it made me sick - or I made myself sick with it, to be more accurate.

I recommend the Natural Hygiene type diet - simple, honest, healing, and, I think, sustaining.

Posted by: Peony ()
Date: September 20, 2007 02:12AM

Sorry to hijack - but Aqua - how would you characterize the Wigmore diet and how did it make you sick?

Cheers and thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables