Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

100% Sleep Habits
Posted by: Yogatastic ()
Date: September 19, 2007 04:40AM

Would some of you that are 100% raw and have been for awhile please tell me what your sleep habits are?

Do you need less and less? Do you get tired in the middle of the day?

"Let your heart shine blissfully into each moment, creating more sunshine for all who pass your way"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 100% Sleep Habits
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 19, 2007 05:08AM

I am happiest when I get 9 hours of sleep. However, I typically get 7 hours or so. But I take naps, and this seems to make me feel better. When I get 9 hours, I don't need my naps.

Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: September 19, 2007 02:29PM

I seem to need 7 hours to feel my best, although I sometimes sleep longer. I never feel tired/sleepy during the day, even when I get less than 7 hours. If I get 5 or less, I feel a little groggy for an hour or so but after that I feel normal and energetic.

I used to be paranoid about not getting enough sleep because I felt so awful when I didn't -- it would ruin my whole day. So I developed what is now for me too strong a habit of going to bed early. Sleep is still important to me and 99% of the time I make sure I get enough. However, I'm working on getting over my sleep deprivation phobia by sometimes making plans that I know will keep me up past my normal bedtime.

Best wishes,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Posted by: Yogatastic ()
Date: September 19, 2007 09:50PM

Thanks...I'm just wondering if when you are 100% raw, you end up needing less sleep. I have been 100% for a week and a half now and I have been feeling a lot more energetic. I'm mostly eating fruit and greens and I feel great, with the exception of a little detox symptoms! I had experience with raw six years ago but I was pregnant and I just wasn't ready for the fulltime commitment. This time, it is more about what I think my body needs and I think it's going to work out a lot better! I'm still having mid day slumps though but I probably don't get enough sleep. I guess with time, it will all balance out.

I really appreciate all of you on here. You are so helpful and I'm very grateful to this website owner for creating this great forum! Many Blessings!

Namaste,
Jessica

"Let your heart shine blissfully into each moment, creating more sunshine for all who pass your way"

Posted by: dude ()
Date: September 19, 2007 11:02PM

I have tried increasing my intake of raw foods. It's been less than 2 weeks that I have increased my intake of raw foods (now 10% of my food is fried, used to be 90%!). The other 90% I eat raw or boiled food. I feel that I don't need as much sleep anymore. Honestly, it used to be that 7 hours wasn't too good on my school days but now 7 hours is perfect---6 hours is not so bad now. smiling smiley

weekends, I used to need at least 10.5 hours, now I only need 9 and I am sooooo energetic. But then gain, how long will my body stay like this? smiling smiley
Only time will tell.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables