Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bloating
Posted by: Peony ()
Date: September 20, 2007 02:48AM

Hi - Lovely subject, I know... But since going back to about 98% raw after falling off the wagon for about a year, I seem to be bloating a lot. Also with this is a sharp pain in my gut, made much worse by pressing hard on my belly button. (That's the vacinity of the sharp pain.) Has anyone ever had this and is it just gas or could there be something else going on, like with the pancreas or something?

I know everyone says this, but even cooked, my diet was at least 60-70% raw, and I am mostly vegan. Would really love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

I also posted this on health-related, but there is more action over here. Hope you don't mind... This is rather troublesome and uncomfortable!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bloating
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 20, 2007 01:57PM

Hi Penny,

It's easy to get bloated during transitioning. Might want to try eating some greens with your fruit, if you're not already. For instsance, I find if I eat bananas, I do a lot better if I have celery afterwards.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Bloating
Posted by: Peony ()
Date: September 20, 2007 07:14PM

Thank you Kwan. Bananas don't really bother me too much, but I will try the celery idea. I do put greens like kale or chard in my fruit smoothies. I am not as bothered by the bloating as I am this gnawing sensation in my gut - almost like insatiable hunger. Does this sound familiar to anyone and if so, any tips to conquer it!?

Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables