Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

There and Back again!
Posted by: strangeseraph ()
Date: September 20, 2007 09:55AM

Hi guys!

Its been a long time since I've been on this board. Mainly I have to admit that I never did become raw, and that my social worker and family managed to guilt trip me out of my vegetarian lifestyle as well.

But since I'm currently trying to regain weight I want to freshen up my eating, so I might want to try the raw thing again. I have an extremely high metabolism and I discovered that I lose weight more quickly than I gain it if I'm not careful.

Luck has come my way, however, as my social worker, who monitors the food I eat (and checks my cupboards regularly to make sure they're full of all the canned food crap and everything he could possibly want me to eat), had decided he wants to see more vegetables in my fridge. He isn't happy unless every single cupboard in my house is filled with food that he wants me to eat. Its really agravating but until I can prove I'm healthy enough to get him out of my cupboards and my health I'm stuck with going to the mission with him to pick up enough canned crap to feet a country and having him poke and prod me into eating the primarily meat based recipes that he gives me.

I hate it. But if I go with a 70 or 80 percent raw diet, and stock my fridge up good, then I can leave all the canned food in the 'cupboards' and anytime he chekcs in there to make sure I have all the food he wants me to eat, he'll see that I do and I'll never actually have to eat it.

I hate doing that, lying about food. I feel like I'm doing something bad when I'm not. I told him once that I ate a whole bag of the frozen carrots the mission gave me, when I really didn't (I HATE carrots and threw the whole darn sodden icy mess away!) Nothing like having a snoopy person in your life to keep you from doing what you want. And I can't really asert myself, I'm too shy and self-abusive to stand up for myself.

So anyway, I want to start with just having fresh fruits and vegetables I can just pick up and eat, mixed salad greens and some nuts and seeds available for me to just eat. My normal diet is eating often throughout the day as well as the regular three times because my body can't keep the weight otherwise. Hopefully I can move onto more complicated foods and rid myself a little more each month of the processed crap that social services thinks it proper food for poorer people. ^^ Budget is constrained too so I have to be careful how I spend my money at the grocery as well, the food I buy has to last me each week and can't just go bad on the shelf from not having been eaten.

Well thanks. Any links, any webpages, any advice you have to offer would be great. Thanks guys.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: There and Back again!
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 20, 2007 02:12PM

your idea of keeping the canned foods on the cupboard so that your social worker will always see it is not a bad idea

do it, why not? if these are the parameters in which u must work within for now

that sounds like a solution to me

vegetables are a bit cheaper than fruit
some are more so than others and will keep for a couple of days if u stick it in the fridge ( except spinach)

maybe stick to the basics for fruits like apples, oranges etc.
exotic fruits are more expensive

if money is a big factor

then break out the arithmetic and start figuring out what you can get to OPTIMIZE your nutritional health plan with what you have

partition how much you will eat for that day and do it for all the other days
until it becomes second nature

and u don't have to think about how much to spend on what anymore
it will just be "wired"

it is doable

in my opinion, junk food is so much more expensive in the long run due to all the medical, hospital bills/mental, emotional , physical burdens that will be costly later

doing your best with what you have will take some amount of discipline

but tell yourself that you are worth it

and you will start to believe it if you take small steps every day to prove to yourself that you are

then , .... sky is the limit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2007 02:17PM by la_veronique.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 20, 2007 06:41PM

Just remember to move the cans around before he gets there to make it look like you're using them! Otherwise he'll clue in if he sees the same 'still life' time after time. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 21, 2007 09:42AM

aqua has a good point

another idea: make a SCRUMPTIOUS salad to LIVE for

and invite your s ocial worker for dinner tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables