Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thanking you all with organic pineapples
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: September 26, 2007 04:07AM

This site and the phenomenal, positive, encouraging, uplifting and knowledgeable people here have been such an amazing blessing!! I cannot think of one resource that has been more valuable to me during this transition.

Every time I log on, I think "man, I wish there were a way I could thank all these great folks for their support"

So, I would like to offer, as an expression of my gratitude for any of you that may visit the island of Maui in the future... free, fresh field ripened, organic pineapple! I work for the last domestic pineapple producer in the US and we've been steadily increasing our organic acreage for the last 5 years. My dream is that we will go all organic, but I guess there are some shipping issues. Anyway, please feel free to send me a message and I'll treat you to some organic pineapple that you will never forget.

Aloha Nui Loa to you all!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thanking you all with organic pineapples
Posted by: greenie ()
Date: September 26, 2007 07:14AM

Thank you, MauiGreg. What a kind offer.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: September 26, 2007 03:22PM

Thanks for the offer. I agree, this board is Rawsome!

Are you saying that there is only one pineapple producer on all of Hawaii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2007 03:28PM by tropical.

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: September 26, 2007 04:59PM

Hi Tropical, Yes, unfortunately we are the last pineapple producer in Hawaii. There may be a handful of smaller market farmers, but pineapple is very labor intensive to produce on a small scale... and the life cycle of 18+ months means that a grower needs a substantial amount of land to stagger the planting cycles. Dole and Del Monte shut down their Oahu operations last year. We just had to close our cannery operation after almost 100 years, so that we could focus on our fresh fruit operations, which is a positive step in my opinion. Currently about 15% of our fields are organic and we're striving to increase that by 10% every year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables