Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Well check up at doctor
Date: September 27, 2007 02:25PM

This is not for myself, I have to take my son to the doctor every year for a well check up according to his school.

I sat in the waiting room and was talking to someone I haven't seen in 6 months. She told me she was here for a flu shot. I told her, "I think if you just eat healthy you can avoid the shot and the intensity of the sickness if you get it." She rolled her eyes and said "Like that's ever gonna happen" and the lady next to her said, "who can eat healthy all the time?" I didn't go into it with them.

Inside the room with the doctor, she asks "Does he eat healthy?" My son 8 years old said, "I have to, my mother is raw." That I needed to explain to the doctor. Just telling her we eat a lot of fruits and veggies.

She told me he had to have chickpox shot and the flu shot done. I told her, that he had a chicken pox shot 3 years ago. She explained as of last year they are making children have 2 shots since it is going around a lot. I explained that he will not have anymore shots until he is 12 years old. She explained that I am jeopardizing the world, that it could very well cause outbreaks. She went on and on explaining herself.

I gave her my reasons and you can tell the look on her face that she thought I was a nut. Oh well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Well check up at doctor
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 27, 2007 03:27PM

Good for you. I go through the same thing when I won't get shots for my children. I have a religious exception on file with the school. My son is highly function autistic and I always wondered if I had skipped all of his shots if it would have helped... Stick to your guns. It's worth it for the health of your children. :-)

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: September 27, 2007 04:15PM

That's great that you stood up for your beliefs! :-D I had to find a new doctor for my daughter (we are required to have a yearly checkup because we homeschool, otherwise she'd never see the doctor) because the one insisted that we never come into the office again or else we'd be putting the other patients at risk since we weren't vaccinating her. I said, "Umm...if *she's* not vaccinated then *she's* the one at risk, not all the other kids who are vaccinated."

Her new doctor doesn't like it, but accepts that we are her parents and we have researched the information and made decisions that feel right for us. When it came to Chicken Pox, we went in search of them and she had a case of them about a year ago. Now she doesn't have to worry about the problems of getting them when she's an adult. When she got them, other like-minded people stopped by to expose their kids. We happily spread it to those who wanted it. :-P

Why will your son get shots when he is 12 years old? What shots will he get at that time?

My daughter is 12 this year (and she won't be getting the cervical cancer shot that most of her friends are getting).

Love,

Gypsy

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 27, 2007 04:58PM

Kudos to you, Dee! I suppose your doc gave you the, "you're living off everyone elses immunity" spin.

My children were never immunized, except for the first shot my daughter recieved when she was a baby, which made her very sick. I then read, "A Shot in the Dark", which shined the light on the darkness of immunizations.

deegarry@yahoo.com Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is not for myself, I have to take my son to
> the doctor every year for a well check up
> according to his school.
>
> I sat in the waiting room and was talking to
> someone I haven't seen in 6 months. She told me
> she was here for a flu shot. I told her, "I think
> if you just eat healthy you can avoid the shot and
> the intensity of the sickness if you get it." She
> rolled her eyes and said "Like that's ever gonna
> happen" and the lady next to her said, "who can
> eat healthy all the time?" I didn't go into it
> with them.
>
> Inside the room with the doctor, she asks "Does he
> eat healthy?" My son 8 years old said, "I have to,
> my mother is raw." That I needed to explain to
> the doctor. Just telling her we eat a lot of
> fruits and veggies.
>
> She told me he had to have chickpox shot and the
> flu shot done. I told her, that he had a chicken
> pox shot 3 years ago. She explained as of last
> year they are making children have 2 shots since
> it is going around a lot. I explained that he
> will not have anymore shots until he is 12 years
> old. She explained that I am jeopardizing the
> world, that it could very well cause outbreaks.
> She went on and on explaining herself.
>
> I gave her my reasons and you can tell the look on
> her face that she thought I was a nut. Oh well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables