Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New to raw, can anyone help me? Thks
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: September 27, 2007 11:45PM

Hello, I just start my raw food diet. I have so many questions, I hope I can get some feedback here. First of all, I do feel better, more energy, need less sleep and my bowl movement is amazing. I wish I can continue for a long time.

1. I love cafe gratitude but my stomach always hurt after I eat there, can anyone tell me what is good and bad food combination?

2. I was reading a article from [www.rawgrow.com] it suggest unlimit fruits and veggies? Can people get sick by eating too much fruit?

3. What if sometimes I want hot soup or warm meal? Especially for dinner, anyone have better suggestions?

4. How do we prepare potato or sweet potato? Can raw food diet eat them?

5. Can we use microwave to heat up tea?

6. Can someone give me a general idea how 3 meals should look like? Right now I have fruit juice + pumpkin seed bread for breakfast, guru nuts bar for mid morning snack, tomato parsely walnut soup for lunch with grape, orange and some almond for afternoon snack, dinner is seawood salad. Am I eating right?

7. How long should I wait before I purchase a dehydrator? The raw bar and cookie taste good from organic store but I think it's kind expensive too. Should I just get my own dehydrator?

8. What is E3 live?

9. Do anyone have this book Ani's raw food kitchen?

Thank you whoever get me some feedback, it will be so helpful to me

Christine Chen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New to raw, can anyone help me? Thks
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: September 28, 2007 12:19AM

ferdiewen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

my opinion for you...

> 1. I love cafe gratitude but my stomach always
> hurt after I eat there, can anyone tell me what is
> good and bad food combination?

i got ill after my visit there too.
i had the pizza. ugh.

here's one chart.

[reallyrawfood.com]

better not to combine anything imo.

>
> 4. How do we prepare potato or sweet potato? Can
> raw food diet eat them?

I wouldn't recommend eating them raw myself but i suppose people do.

>
> 6. Can someone give me a general idea how 3 meals
> should look like? Right now I have fruit juice +
> pumpkin seed bread for breakfast, guru nuts bar
> for mid morning snack, tomato parsely walnut soup
> for lunch with grape, orange and some almond for
> afternoon snack, dinner is seawood salad. Am I
> eating right?

sounds good.
you might find as many do, that you change over time to more simple diet.
or not.

>
> 7. How long should I wait before I purchase a
> dehydrator? The raw bar and cookie taste good from
> organic store but I think it's kind expensive too.
> Should I just get my own dehydrator?
>

i wouldn't recommend it.
water is a critical part of food.

welcome to the Raw Wave, taking over the World

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: September 28, 2007 01:15AM

Hello ferdiewen,

Make sure you visit various raw sites to learn a good balance about raw.

You are eating way, way, too many nuts & seeds. I'm not saying go nut free, just don't go nuts on the nuts & seeds. Eat more fresh, organic fruits & veggies.

Don't believe everything you read about people being 100% raw vegan. I have a few good friends who have myspace, putting down people for eating non vegan foods, passionately proclaiming to be vegan, then they confide in me, that they eat can salmon, sardines, eggs, cheese, ect, yet they passionately proclaim otherwise. There are a lot of attention hungry people, who've found a way to get popular, make money, ect. I'm very easy to talk to, and people open up to me. Then, there was a another "raw vegan" girl, putting down someone for doing something non vegan, yet told me she eats beef liver for anemia.

So in essence, don't be hard on yourself if you can't be 100% raw vegan. Do strive to be mostly raw, 75%-100%. Mostly raw can cure diseases, prevent diseases and make you look & feel vibrant & healthy. It's a good deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2007 01:16AM by Rawrrr!.

Date: September 28, 2007 04:55AM

thank you,I love these free chat room. I went to a site post some questions then I got an email back that they want me to pay for a phone call consulation. I was so turn off by this site. I order some nut bag from this site then I got another email said she didn't have my payment. I am am am so sick about these people. I have to email her a copy of my receipt. Why these raw people make the whole thing so complicate?

Posted by: frances ()
Date: September 28, 2007 03:18PM

> 2. I was reading a article from
> [www.rawgrow.com] it suggest unlimit fruits
> and veggies? Can people get sick by eating too
> much fruit?

You can get sick eating too much of anything. Generally speaking, you can eat tons of good raw fruits and veggies and will get full long before you eat too much. If you're sensitive to sugar, you might have trouble with large quantities of very sweet fruit. The balance is something you'll have to find for yourself.

> 4. How do we prepare potato or sweet potato? Can
> raw food diet eat them?

Personally, I dislike the taste of raw potato and find raw sweet potato to be fairly bland. I might try a raw sweet potato pie sometime, but I don't see myself eating raw potatoes at any time.

> 5. Can we use microwave to heat up tea?

Hot tea isn't raw, but I think it's one of the more common non-raw things consumed by raw-fooders. The office where I work is sometimes air conditioned to frigidity and when that happens I sometimes drink hot tea to keep myself from shivering at my desk.

> 6. Can someone give me a general idea how 3 meals
> should look like? Right now I have fruit juice +
> pumpkin seed bread for breakfast, guru nuts bar
> for mid morning snack, tomato parsely walnut soup
> for lunch with grape, orange and some almond for
> afternoon snack, dinner is seawood salad. Am I
> eating right?

There isn't really a right and wrong way to start eating raw. While transitioning people often eat very high levels of fats at first (nuts, seeds, avocados, olive oil). Rawrrr is correct in saying that you are eating quite a lot of nuts and seeds right now. You should probably reduce the amount of fat you're consuming, but you can do that gradually if you feel you need it now.

> 7. How long should I wait before I purchase a
> dehydrator? The raw bar and cookie taste good from
> organic store but I think it's kind expensive too.
> Should I just get my own dehydrator?

Dehydrated foods are not the healthiest raw foods you can eat, and many people never eat them. Personally, I have a dehydrator and use it occasionally because it increases my options for making interesting meals. Store-bought dehydrated foods can be pricey, but your own dehydrator requires an initial investment of cash, room in your home, and your own time and trouble to use. It's not necessary equipment, and the decision is personal.

> 9. Do anyone have this book Ani's raw food
> kitchen?

Yes. I like it a lot, though I haven't had it long and still haven't made many of her recipes. My favorite so far is the "Marinated mushroom steak with brazil-broccoli mash and mushroom gravy". My gravy didn't come out right, but the marinated mushrooms and brazil-broccoli mash were both wonderful (I reduced the amount of brazil nuts in the mash). On [www.amazon.com] you can read the complete list of recipes in the book's table of contents.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 28, 2007 06:34PM

3. What if sometimes I want hot soup or warm meal? Especially for dinner, anyone have better suggestions?

One idea is to get a powerful blender and make a raw soup. The blender can heat it up a little bit. Check out the forum on blenders for more information.

Congrats on trying to eat healthier and remember to go at your own pace.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: September 28, 2007 07:13PM

ferdiewen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3. What if sometimes I want hot soup or warm meal?
> Especially for dinner, anyone have better
> suggestions?

You can warm soup gently to about 37 degrees C (100 F) and it is still raw.

> 5. Can we use microwave to heat up tea?

Many raw fooders drink herbal teas, but I really wouldn't recommend using a microwave to heat the water. Use a kettle or a pan on the stove.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: September 28, 2007 09:18PM

1. I love cafe gratitude but my stomach always hurt after I eat there, can anyone tell me what is good and bad food combination?

2. I was reading a article from [www.rawgrow.com] it suggest unlimit fruits and veggies? Can people get sick by eating too much fruit?

eating fruit alone is good for digestion
[www.yahwehsaliveandwell.com]

I use my vitamix blender to heat my soups, are if you have a digital therm. you can warm it up on the stove to 100 degrees. A dehydrater can warm your food up after one hour on 115 degrees.

4. How do we prepare potato or sweet potato? Can raw food diet eat them?

it's hard to digest, but make it in soups, or dehydrate it.

5. Can we use microwave to heat up tea?

no, i don't recommend it at all. I don't drink tea, I have lemonade

6. Can someone give me a general idea how 3 meals should look like? Right now I have fruit juice + pumpkin seed bread for breakfast, guru nuts bar for mid morning snack, tomato parsely walnut soup for lunch with grape, orange and some almond for afternoon snack, dinner is seawood salad. Am I eating right?

Smoothie in the morning, or fruit until noon.
I snack on walnuts, olives, dates, etc
I usually get a recipe from one of my raw books
I always have a salad at dinnertime

7. How long should I wait before I purchase a dehydrator? The raw bar and cookie taste good from organic store but I think it's kind expensive too. Should I just get my own dehydrator?

I didn't have dehydrator for 2 months on raw, when I did get one, it made my food more experimental. It warmed my food, and I love making dried fruit chips.
8. What is E3 live?

9. Do anyone have this book Ani's raw food kitchen?

I read it in the book store, it is very good, I like her recipes on www.youtube.com

Date: September 28, 2007 09:22PM

oh, my! I just check the www.youtube.com
love it, thank you for sharing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables