Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

can we eat soybean or tofu?
Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: September 28, 2007 04:58AM

I am just curious, I don't see any soy product at raw food dieting? Can we eat them?

Also how many fresh fruits and veggie people can eat per day, I used to count my calories and serving by each meal? Do I have to do this at raw food dieting too? Right now I just eat when I am hungry, is it the best way?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can we eat soybean or tofu?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 28, 2007 05:10AM

Soy is not edible raw. It needs to be cooked to be digestible.

With raw foods, you don't have to count calories to restrict your calorie count, though at the the beginning its worthwhile to count them to make sure you have enough calories, and to make sure your fat intake isn't getting above 20% or so.

Eating when hungry is a good way to eat.

Posted by: ferdiewen ()
Date: September 28, 2007 05:40AM

thank you, can I also ask you how much fat or nut we can eat per day?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 28, 2007 06:01AM

You don't need to worry about getting enough. If you eat enough raw foods to meet your energy needs, you will have enough fat. However, you can get too much. The standard western diet is 40% fat. Eating half of that or less is healthy. Myself, I eat under 10% fat, sometimes as low as 5%.

When I first started raw, my fat intake was over 60%. Some days it could be over 80%. When I finally realized I was eating so much fat, I cut it down. At first I cut it down to 10% fat, but that didn't feel so good to me. So I raised it to 20% fat, and over the next 2 years it dropped to under 10% with no effort.

You can enter your daily menu into a nutritional calculator like fitday.com or nutritiondata.com to see what your fat percentages are.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables