Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bushel of apples
Posted by: ambaryarena ()
Date: September 29, 2007 06:56PM

I will probably be buying a bushel of lightly storm damaged honeycrisp apples tomorrow for half-price from a local farmer (very excited!).

Anyone have suggestions for storing the apples? (There will be around 80 in the bushel) Inside? Outside covered on the deck? Other ideas?

What do you do with your bulk produce?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bushel of apples
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: September 29, 2007 07:46PM

-Separate them into small groups after rinsing them and examining them for rot or breaks. Pull out the ones that have that and eat them immediately. The others....store in bags of about 6 each....in the refrigerator.....or zeer pot....or someplace cool and out of the sun and they'll keep for many weeks...or even months.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: bushel of apples
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: September 29, 2007 09:04PM

Put them in the food processor and dry them into fruit leather. Add other fruit, like strawberries to get different flavors.

I was just reading about ecoli and it mentioned that breaks in the apple's skin are places where ecoli can contaminate an apple. And I also read that fruitfies can spead ecoli so, be careful and cut out the parts with broken skin.
I don't mean to put you off the apples, I'm sure you'll be OK.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables