Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw calories
Posted by: birdy ()
Date: October 03, 2007 10:53PM

If you do not like bananas and sprouted grains, where else can you get some cheap raw calories?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw calories
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 04, 2007 01:01AM

-Getting what's in season....on sale....dented...etc....will yield cheaper produce for your money....and more bang for your buck. Generally melons are a good bet.....as you're probably getting several pounds of very nourishing food for just a couple of bucks. Apples are also a good bet this time of year. Look for anything you can get for .99/lb or less.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Raw calories
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: October 04, 2007 01:58AM

I'm amazed at how satisfying, inexpensive and easy eating raw can be. I am finding it fairly easy to do, even in this town that I thought would be difficult.

I am not sure about the reality of any science now. I am pretty certain that raw foods have a lot more energy than what can be scientifically determined. At least not in the the usual way calories and other nutrition is determined. Don't they burn foods to determine caloric content? The body doesn't do that.

I also have heard of people being unable to loose weight, even on a very caloric restricted cooked diet. Something isn't being accounted for in these things. I can remember eating only sprouts in my teens, and I did loose weight, but only to a point, my hair grew much faster, and I could really run and work out. Officially, sprouts have a very low caloric content. It would seem too low to be able to do all those things, at least by science.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables