Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tosnilittis - specific things to eat?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 03, 2007 01:48PM

I think I have it - I have trouble swallowing and my glands are really swollen. I had been singing sick and I guess I got a virus or bacteria and have had it since last Wed (for a week). Is there certain foods I should be eating? I get a lot of phlem as well (sorry to be graphic). I've been having more soups (tomatoe), and nuts fill me (cashew cheese, almond nut patte, etc). I have a big event in LA on the 12th and want to be sure I'm good for that. How long does something like this usually last, especially if I don't take anti-biotics? I have been raw for six years and have never taken them. Should I take it just to get rid of it? It seems to happen every year due to a "virus". I didn't get checked by a doctor but my friend said the back of my throat is red (you don't have to be a doctor to know that you have swollen glands and sore throat, trouble swallowing). Any help on what to eat or if there are any limitations on what I can eat like nuts or any other raw foods, etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tosnilittis - specific things to eat?
Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: October 03, 2007 02:14PM

Tonsil-itis literally means 'inflammation of the tonsils'. Bacteria don't cause inflammation, wastes that the body is attempting to eliminate cause it. Bacteria are always at the site of inflammation because it is their job to eat/decompose waste. They get blamed but they are innocent by-standers. Actually, first responders, you might say.

I had the exact symptoms you describe about 8 months after going raw. When new raw fooders report these kinds of symptoms it is a consequence of their recent dietary improvements, which have given the body an opportunity to mobilize and eliminate wastes and toxins that have been stored deep in fatty tissues (it is no coincidence that weight loss usually accompanies or precedes the symptoms). In people who live the normal SAD lifestyle, it is a sign that the body is so overburdened that it must resort to emergency elimination to stay functional. I found it confusing at first to know that being good and being bad can have the same results, but it will make sense as you continue to wrap your mind around the real causes of disease (not germs, but toxemia).

When you have these kinds of symptoms, it's very important to unburden your body as much as possible, which means primarily eating nothing at all if you can manage it (except pure water) and resting. If you can't do without food completely (like if you have to keep working and feel weak when you fast), eat as lightly and simply as possible of foods that are easily digested like juicy fruits, lettuce and celery. Eating complicated recipes, nuts or fats of any kind at this time will cause your symptoms to hang on longer.

I hope you get to feeling better in time for your event.

Regards,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

OT, just checked out the info re your new film
Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: October 03, 2007 02:44PM

Congratulations, Scott, great subject matter and very much needed. I have a friend who hobnobs with some of the 'illuminaries' in the movement. If you're interested in getting in touch with him, let me know.

Regards,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 03, 2007 06:50PM

Sure Nora, send me an e-mail ScottGoldbergFilms@yahoo.com .

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 04, 2007 05:07PM

You might try taking some food grade hydrogen peroxide in a glass of water..say about 3-6 drops, usually you only need one glass for one day, or maybe 2 days before you find relief.

You could try 'painting' some Lugol's iodine on your gland area on the outside of you neck, that also may help. You could try to gargle with some of the water and hydrogen peroxide, and or some water and iodine if you are against ingesting iodine.

I think for raw fooders, drinking fresh green juices are very helpful for things like flare ups as yours.

If you've been raw for 6 years, you wouldn't want to start taking aspirin, or anti-biotics..that could really mess you up for your impending event.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables