Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

dehydrating - ??? Can anyone help!
Posted by: veganicity ()
Date: October 03, 2007 08:22PM

Hi all, im new to dehydrating -havent yet tried it but want to find out abit more before i go ahead and buy one. Has anyone got any useful info. Im particularly interested in finding out whether all the hours it takes to dehydrate something is really economical in terms of electrical energy consumption? Also, say i made some vegan burgers, then how would i heat them up again to serve? Also any recommendations on vegan raw food recipe books? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: dehydrating - ??? Can anyone help!
Date: October 04, 2007 02:37PM

I have a dehydrator, and I use it a lot. Just last night I finished making sweet potatoes marinated in cayenne pepper, oil, lemon & celtic sea salt. It is so yummy and crunchy! If you 'google' dehydrator you'll find lots of information and even tips. Some recipes do require hours to dehydrate, but I think it is well worth it. If you dehydrate a vegan burger, and the next day you can just heat it up in the dehydrator to get it warm.

AS for raw food recipe books, there is so many to choose; Eating without Heating, Raw!The UNcook book, Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisins, etc.

Some people will tell you that you shouldn't buy a dehydrator because it will dry up all the water that is necessary in those foods. It's true, but I drink a lot of water.

Re: dehydrating - ??? Can anyone help!
Posted by: veganicity ()
Date: October 05, 2007 09:04AM

Thanks for that deegarry - will have a search on google and see what i can find - your sweet pots sound great by the way!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables