Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What's your weakest link?
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 04, 2007 09:15PM

Douglas Graham and Frederic Patenaude are always saying how our health is limited by our weakest link.

Here are some possibilities: Sunshine, fresh air, exercise, diet, sleep, posture, relationships, and emotional health. But there are many others.

My weakest link right now is probably sleep. I am getting way too little of it and I need to work on that.

What's yours?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What's your weakest link?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 04, 2007 09:20PM

i would add financial and spiritual health to that list too

personally i think my intolerance to insensitive people would be my issue at the moment .. i guess that would fall under emotional health and learn not to let what others think bother me smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 04, 2007 09:27PM

Probably sunshine. I've been working...inside....heh..heh......and I'm into computers.......and often traveling on the weekends.....yadda...yadda.......so I need to get more sunshine to go with my inner glow! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: October 04, 2007 10:13PM

Interesting thread Karen. For me it would be:

Diet - still so new to eating raw that I'm unfocused and all over the map

Exercise - probably *too* much but I'm admittedly obsessive about it

Sleep - too many late nights doing homework with my 5th grade daughter

Sigh... That's way too many weak links.

David

Posted by: inspirit ()
Date: October 04, 2007 10:20PM

For me:

Diet - too much settling for conventional produce instead of organic
Life - taking ownership of other peoples problems instead of following my own bliss

I'll stop there for now...

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: October 04, 2007 10:36PM

For me it is work, I work a full time job, part time job, and go to school part time. It is unbalanced and there isn't enough time to relax and enjoy good health.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: October 04, 2007 11:17PM

Not enough sun and fresh air
Too much stress
Bad genes (just trying to blame someone else ha ha!)

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 04, 2007 11:24PM

Mine is my fitness level and fresh air. I'm working on it.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Posted by: uma ()
Date: October 05, 2007 01:27AM

It feels like mine is sleep and emotions/stress. Great topic to ponder! I appreciate Doug's perspective about the weakest link.
Love,
Uma

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:23AM

Add me too to the too little sleep link. And of course, sleeplessness is rooted somewhere. For me, it's gotta be stress. I really couldn't tell you what I stress about. But I just don't stop thinking. Instead of bedtime being a time to let go, it's a time to think. And about nothing special or important. I'm pegged - I really don't understand why I just don't stop thinking!

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: October 05, 2007 03:38AM

OK gang, what are we gonna do about it?

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:44AM

sleeplessness. i am up late and up early. sometimes i feel tired with the children but it seems too early to go to sleep (8pm) and then later on it's too late and then i can't pass out.
nighttime is my time to get things done around childcare, i don't feel like it's so productive to go to sleep with the baby at that time but really, at that time of night i'm not super motivated about housework anyhow. if i went to sleep at 8pm i'd probably get up at 5 and have hours of work time in the morning. i guess i'm stubborn. there's my weakest link, being set in my ways.
what am i gonna do about it? well, i guess i'll go to bed. right now in fact.
g'nite all!

Date: October 05, 2007 03:49AM

Sleep well Cocomama!

inspirit - aka coolkarma

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 05, 2007 02:52PM

Wow, interesting everyone. I guess I am not the only one getting too little sleep. I'm, like some others mentioned, get to bed late because you finally get the kids fed, homework done, and in bed and then you want to unwind a little and get some things done for yourself and before you know it, it is way too late.

Good point, inspirit - what are we going to do about it? I am going to try to cut back on TV after the kids are in bed, not check this forum late at night ;-) - way too addicting!, and get to bed earlier.

I hope we hear from a lot more people too.

So, now it's - what's your weakest link and what are you going to do about it? :-)

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:02PM

Mine is diet and excersize. When I started focusing on my diet excersize got put on the back burner. Now I am working on both.

Sleep was a problem from about the age of eight. Insomnia. A lot of things helped over a period of about ten years. Having kids made me tired. Getting up earlier helped me sleep at night. Moving to the country made a huge difference in my relaxation and getting a big dog helped me feel protected while we are sleeping. Now I sleep on a board (I can recreate my bed on any floor) I created a soothing bedroom and my kids are in an adjacent room. I very rarely have insomnia any more. I need more sleep than anyone I know, about nine hours a night.

Posted by: Peony ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:49PM

I think I may be my own weakest link! I let myself, my thoughts, and others get in my way all the time. It's hard to be a bit unconventional in a conventional world.

Nice thread!

Posted by: corizza ()
Date: October 05, 2007 04:29PM

exercise: I don't do it at all.
Stress: school makes me stressed all the time, and i have no idea how to stop it. I am just so busy all the time.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 05, 2007 04:48PM

My weakest point is that I think I'm superwoman. I use every bit of energy I have, even if it means I'll have to spend the next two days in bed. I can't get it into my head that my needs are daily requirements.
Also, time limits bother me: I love doing whatever I'm doing, thinking whatever I'm thinking, for as long as I want, and not have to truncate them because of some future commitment or health requirement.
I'm just not realistic about certain things.

Date: October 05, 2007 07:02PM

I'm trying to think of my weakest link, it seems everyone mentioned something that is easy for me, I eat well, exercise, sleep well, get enough sun, not stressed, but there may be one that I need to work on....

My relationship with my family & boyfriend. It seems there is so much anger going around that it definitely needs to be worked on.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 05, 2007 10:49PM

I've been consciously trying to keep most things in line for awhile now, like charms on a bracelet of friendship

...of course something always trails behind another..thats how these things work

on the plus I've been getting tons of exercise, sun, fresh air, and rest. I make sure stress is very limited in my life..unless it is motivating in a way which leads me to make a bigger change.

lets see...
I eat a bunch of fruit off street markets (conventional, a deadly sin!), never wash anything, and I seem to always be filthy for one reason or another. when I drink water (which IS rare) I drink out of plastic, and sometimes from public water fountains (ECK!)..if i'm out all day somewhere and forget myself. Sometimes I forget to eat entirely.

I funnel lots of energy into my passions, and i'm minorly obsessive about being fit. probably not the worst of all things, but i do seem to offput a lot of chi/mojo this way(perhaps as some mode of distraction from thoughts/emotions/or finances..ha!)...and more energy could be going to continued levels of healing..I suppose.

just in the past few months..I've really started to appreciate my meditation practice, and also the idea of joyful 'activity' being integral to a life of 'no-thinking'. I believe for many, a cumulative lack of sensory rest..and having very 'sticky' thoughts and attachments...to various non-love situations, is a very overlooked weak link.

a strong chain can become your zip line back and forth to zone's of comfort and discomfort. or a strong chain can just drag alomg a bigger stone. its a choice that most folks DONT know they have!

"he that over-cometh shall inherit all things" rev I think.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: October 05, 2007 11:51PM

anaken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been consciously trying to keep most things
> in line for awhile now, like charms on a bracelet
of friendship

I love that! I can see it. Thanks, Anaken.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: October 06, 2007 05:26AM

"cumulative lack of sensory rest" -- I like that. Applies to me too!

Love,
Uma

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 06, 2007 11:12AM

Great thread... I like 'weakest link' way of pinpointing 'challenge' in health.. helps to get clear and trigger actionable solution.

My weakest links right now:
Sleep: I'm getting better but still need to ensure I get more
Exercise: Have to get back into my body... Choosing then starting a yoga class within next 2 weeks. Called several places this week.
Sunshine: As an interim fix, I'm parking in and sitting in the sun when I go pick up my daughter at school.. ;-)

Blessings,

Angela.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables