Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seeds...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2007 09:54PM

Ok.. so I have decided to go on a raw diet. I have been eating lots of fresh fruits, vegetable and unsalted nuts. The only thing is that I have not been able to find any unsalted seeds. I'm not sure if it matters, but would it be considered "raw" if I eat seeds that contain salt?

Thx for the input!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seeds...
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 09, 2007 09:58PM

The salt is not the main issue....although I don't eat it....or consider it necessary. If the seeds will sprout (like sunflower or alfalfa) then you KNOW they are viable. As to larger nuts? My experience is that unless you are buying them from some one who just picked them off the tree (like a home-grower on ebay) then you buy from the most reputable source you know....and take responsibility.

-Of course, there are no raw food police......and no 'entry requirements' (unless you count a process of just eating more fresh fruits and vegetables for your lifetime!). LOL.

-David Z. mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2007 02:48AM

have you tried looking in the baking section for unsalted seeds? thats where i usually find mine when im in a pinch smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 10, 2007 04:10AM

Usually the salted seeds are also roasted.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables