Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Diverticulitis, diverticulosis, menus for treatment?
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: October 12, 2007 12:22AM

Hi all. I broke down today under extreme pain and visited the hospital. My left side abdominal area was torture. I was diagnosed with an infected bowel due to out pouching of the intestines. One is diverticulitis one is diverticulosis, don't ask me which is which :p.

The doctor gave me 2 options. (1) heavy antibiotics and see him in 2 weeks. (2) A "fast" where I drink nothing but filtered/purified water and eat nothing but HIGH FIBER fresh fruits and vegetables for 2 weeks then see him again after 2 weeks or if the pain does not subside within 4 days.

Naturally option #2 sounds really good to me. Anyone have experience with either of these and what specific foods to stick to? The Dr. didn't give me much in the way of suggestions in that regard other than to visit a dietitian :p

Thanks for the help.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Diverticulitis, diverticulosis, menus for treatment?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 12, 2007 12:27AM

yep stay off the nuts thats about all i know about it .. id try the fast and fruits .. just that nuts can really mess with it smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: October 12, 2007 01:19PM

I'd surely consider option #2 first, BUT only if you have someone to guide or help you through it correctly. The wrong choice of fruits or veggies may irritate things the wrong way for you.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:31PM

Get David's book "Self Healing Colitis & Crohn's". It has great diet and lifestyle information that can heal your intestinal and digestive problems.

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:56PM

I'll go to the book store and see if I can find the book thanks.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: October 12, 2007 04:51PM

Be careful with David's book though, good info for Colitis & Crohn's perhaps, but some of the advice should be taken ONLY as guidelines, which he states also. So other issues, even digestive, can be aggravated by his advice if you don't watch. Anotherwards, go slow and find out what works for you :O)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables