Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Could going 100% raw help my melasma
Posted by: Faithfully10 ()
Date: October 16, 2007 12:08AM

Since 1991 I've had melasma. It has never gone completely away since then. It does lighten a lot in the winter. I able able to hide it with makeup. Has anyone here ever had melasma or know someone who had melasma and went raw and it cleared their melasma. You would not want to see my face without makeup. I've bascially learned to live with it. I must wear sunscreen every single day, even when it is cloudy or my melasma will get dark and undo years of work to get it this light.

I believe mine developed when I took an antiobiotic for a bladder infection which is photosensitive, probably was a sulfa drug, which I am allergic to now.

Thanks for reading.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Could going 100% raw help my melasma
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: October 16, 2007 05:51AM

Hi!

I haven't heard of this before, but why not see for yourself? Seems logical to me, I think that raw tends to normalize your hormonal stuff, which is possibly implicated, and I have read in other posts that people found themselves much more tolerant of the sun in general, so this might bode well for you also.

Even if raw doesn't help with this in particular, I bet you will find all sorts of things that you will love about a raw lifestyle. And absolutely, keep us posted of any changes, I'd love to hear how it works out for you. Couldn't hurt to try!

Sapphire

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 16, 2007 06:14AM

I have been raw since june and it seems my skin has been so soft and healthy looking. I was just tak=lking with a woman who said her sister had real bad exzima on her hands and feep that were pussey and blistery and she drank wheat grass juice and her exzima went away. I have noticed I am not as sensitive from the sun. I worked outside yesterday in the sun and am not burned. Give it a try and tell us what happens.

Date: October 16, 2007 03:02PM

It can't hurt to try, you have nothing to lose. If anything you will notice positive changes in your body wheather it is to help your skin or being healthier.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables