Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Strep? Anti-Biotics? Help...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2007 06:41PM

Hey all,
Every winter this seems to be a problem. Well, I'll give you my symptoms. I went out of state for the weekend to do a video shoot and when I came back (lack of sleep really did me in), I was very much weak, had sore throat glands, mucus, headache, etc (yesterday) and when I got in, pretty much crashed the whole night (from 7:00 PM til 7:00 AM, got up took a shower to wash out pores of skin and then slept again til about 2:00 PM) and I'm wondering if there is a cure (probably rest which I am doing) which doesn't have to do with anti-biotics (an alternative perhaps?) ... When I sleep, I'm cold and then get too hot. I have a hard time staying warm under the covers. My hands are very cold, etc. Any help would be appreciated...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2007 06:44PM by ScottGoldbergFilms.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Strep? Anti-Biotics? Help...
Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 16, 2007 06:44PM

i would start popping some olive leaf extract... the pills not the tincture. also eat some oranges or some fresh lemon juice.

Posted by: Fud ()
Date: October 16, 2007 07:02PM

I've been told that raw garlic is the most powerful antibiotic known to man and to start it in small doses, increasing as needed/tolerated only. Don't take it by itself but with some type of food. Some times I use 2 cloves. It's also a stomach irritant when over eaten, etc.

I'm not advocating anything but just giving you more food for thought and research. I hope this helps.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: October 16, 2007 07:15PM

I was going to suggest raw garlic too. But if your symptoms don't improve or worsen, please don't hesitate to get medical attention.

Posted by: rainforest ()
Date: October 16, 2007 10:08PM

I recommend water fasting and rest until it's gone. That's what I did some months ago when I had tonsillitis - it worked nicely. The second day was the hardest because my throat was so sore and swollen that I could barely swallow water. I mostly slept.
By the end of day 3 I felt good,and on day 4 my throat was completely healed.

Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:46AM

kombucha tea is good for immune support. I'd do the garlic too. i usually eat about 8 cloves in a smoothie. you can taste it, and smell it on me. but its magic.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 17, 2007 02:04AM

Scott,

If it were me, I would get as much sleep and rest as possible, and perhaps not eat anything except water until the symptoms went away. If lack of rest made me sick, then only getting sufficient rest and sleep will help heal me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables