Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How do I start?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:06AM

Hi, I am every intrested in going raw, I just need to know how to do it! I welcome any help on how to start! I also travel anywhere from 2 to 3 times a month about 4 days at a time. I just need to know what to do. I am a 28 year old female who is a runner and wants to get into shape physically by exercising and eating properly. I really appreciate it!! Thanks for your help in advance, Courtney smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do I start?
Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:16AM

just add fruit!
eat slower, taste the foods you're used to eating and see if you really do like them, or if you're just used to putting them in your mouth. (mindful eating)
I tend to enjoy the life in my raw meals much more. you can really taste the dead and see the dead visibly in cooked meals.

what are your eating habits like right now?

if you like soups, having a blender is great.
throwing some fruit into the blender is easy too.
salads are great all the time.
it depends on what you like to help with your transition. eventually you'll figure out how to do it without thinking about it. you'll just feel what sounds tasty.
when traveling sometimes you just have to resort to skimpy salads with tasteless black pepper, unless you come prepared. there are many links to articles on the homepage of the site.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:26AM

Thanks--My eating habits right now could be better but I do eat alot of fish. I love salads, fruits and veggies. Can you eat raw almonds? Also Trader Joes has this fabulous item called a "Flattened Banana" --all it is-is a banana flattened, would that be okay to eat? I do need to purchase a blender, and I do love soup so that is good. Is tea okay to drink as well? Thanks again!

Posted by: allone01 ()
Date: October 17, 2007 12:43AM

instead of fish, try seaweeds. i really like dulse (which is a good salt substitute if you buy the flakes) and wakame. There arent too many others that i've tried yet. maybe you can find good recipes for them cause i havnt found anything good to put wakame in. It always upsets my stomach if i dont eat it alone.

You can eat raw almonds, but there is a new law saying all of them must be heat treated (to prevent ecoli). the label can say raw, but the enzymes are still killed making them not really raw. you would have to ask the supplier. 1 out of 4 of the suppliers in my area has really raw almonds, so good luck.

I've never been to a trader joes, or tried the flattened banana. check the label for preservatives, and try to read how it was dried (which i assume its dried somehow). if there are preservatives then its not raw.

tea isint considered raw if it's heated. try sun tea by setting a big glass jar outside when its the hottest. another good tea is kombucha. it's great for you. i love it. im currently brewing my own but you can buy it bottled by a brand called synergy. it's in all health food stores ive visited. really helps my digestion and clears my skin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables