Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Why do people hate those who are different?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 13, 2008 05:55PM

Why do people dislike, mock or try to weaken those who eat healthier (care about their health) or follow other diets other than SAD?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do people hate those who are different?
Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: October 13, 2008 07:24PM

Because it threatens the very core of their belief system..The existence of those who are obviously healthier, & often happier, is an affront to those whose food choices are causing them to be unwell..The majority of humans are incapable of remaining silent in the face of anything or anyone that threatens their core beliefs..

When you take a real hard look at all of the religious wars that have been fought in the past, as well as the ones raging currently, what do you find??..Once you get past all the rhetoric & bulls**t, you invariably find that one religion feels that their core beliefs are being threatened by the very existence of another religion or religions..

If you could tally up all of the humans killed since we became thinking beings, I think you would find that religious & philosophical differences would account for exponentially more deaths than greed, jealousy, & all other reasons combined..This is because greed, jealousy, & other motives for killing are generally fleeting emotions that don't tend to linger in the human mind..Religion & philosophy, which are really different sides of the same coin, tend to inflame passions that last for a lifetime..Humans invest so much of their being in the religion & or philosophy (politics?) that they choose to embrace that they often simply cannot separate how they think from who they are..

In other words, they are incapable of introspective analysis of their religion or philosophy; & thus they are incapable of introspective analysis of themselves or their actions..People like this tend to adopt an attitude that embraces an "all right, or all wrong" point of view as regards to how they view most of life..Life is viewed as either black or white..These kind of folks tend not to be able to admit that there can possibly be opinions that bridge their point of view & the complete opposite point of view..

The raw vegan way of eating is viewed as dangerous for several reasons..

First, the long-term raw vegan simply does not spend very much of their daily life thinking about food..Once detox is achieved, the average raw vegan will free up a substantial portion of their daily life that previously had been spent thinking about food & eating..This time can then be spent on other activities that tend to promote a more productive life..

This is very obvious to SAD eaters, as raw vegans simply don't spend much time talking about food..SAD eaters are always trying to drag raw vegans into food discussions, primarily ones where the raw vegan is forced to defend themselves & the raw vegan diet..They do this so that they can validate their way of eating & thus feel better about themselves..

Human beings are not stupid animals..Even the most obtuse SAD eater intuitively knows that something is drastically wrong with the SAD way of eating..Regardless of whether the SAD eater is normal weight or obese, they know that the current medical evidence is pointing to a diet that should consist of far less fats, sugars, starches, & animal flesh than SAD eaters currently consume..

The second reason that SAD eaters view raw vegans with such hostility, both overt & veiled, is that a healthy raw vegan is usually so much happier & content (at peace with themselves) then when they were eating SAD..No one likes to be around a happy person when they themselves are less happy, or not happy at all..

Bruce

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 13, 2008 08:27PM

If cookies admit that cooking harms the nutrients in food then they know that for their own good health they should change. They are addicted to cooked food so rather then change which is difficult and challenging they shoot the messenger.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 13, 2008 08:27PM

rawvibe asks:

<<Why do people dislike, mock or try to weaken those who eat healthier (care about their health) or follow other diets other than SAD?>>

looks like bruce answered your question BIG time
there u go!

Date: October 13, 2008 08:29PM

baltochef Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because it threatens the very core of their belief
> system..The existence of those who are obviously
> healthier, & often happier, is an affront to those
> whose food choices are causing them to be
> unwell..The majority of humans are incapable of
> remaining silent in the face of anything or anyone
> that threatens their core beliefs..
>
> When you take a real hard look at all of the
> religious wars that have been fought in the past,
> as well as the ones raging currently, what do you
> find??..Once you get past all the rhetoric &
> bulls**t, you invariably find that one religion
> feels that their core beliefs are being threatened
> by the very existence of another religion or
> religions..
>
> If you could tally up all of the humans killed
> since we became thinking beings, I think you would
> find that religious & philosophical differences
> would account for exponentially more deaths than
> greed, jealousy, & all other reasons
> combined..This is because greed, jealousy, & other
> motives for killing are generally fleeting
> emotions that don't tend to linger in the human
> mind..Religion & philosophy, which are really
> different sides of the same coin, tend to inflame
> passions that last for a lifetime..Humans invest
> so much of their being in the religion & or
> philosophy (politics?) that they choose to embrace
> that they often simply cannot separate how they
> think from who they are..
>
> In other words, they are incapable of
> introspective analysis of their religion or
> philosophy; & thus they are incapable of
> introspective analysis of themselves or their
> actions..People like this tend to adopt an
> attitude that embraces an "all right, or all
> wrong" point of view as regards to how they view
> most of life..Life is viewed as either black or
> white..These kind of folks tend not to be able to
> admit that there can possibly be opinions that
> bridge their point of view & the complete opposite
> point of view..
>
> The raw vegan way of eating is viewed as dangerous
> for several reasons..
>
> First, the long-term raw vegan simply does not
> spend very much of their daily life thinking about
> food..Once detox is achieved, the average raw
> vegan will free up a substantial portion of their
> daily life that previously had been spent thinking
> about food & eating..This time can then be spent
> on other activities that tend to promote a more
> productive life..
>
> This is very obvious to SAD eaters, as raw vegans
> simply don't spend much time talking about
> food..SAD eaters are always trying to drag raw
> vegans into food discussions, primarily ones where
> the raw vegan is forced to defend themselves & the
> raw vegan diet..They do this so that they can
> validate their way of eating & thus feel better
> about themselves..
>
> Human beings are not stupid animals..Even the most
> obtuse SAD eater intuitively knows that something
> is drastically wrong with the SAD way of
> eating..Regardless of whether the SAD eater is
> normal weight or obese, they know that the current
> medical evidence is pointing to a diet that should
> consist of far less fats, sugars, starches, &
> animal flesh than SAD eaters currently consume..
>
> The second reason that SAD eaters view raw vegans
> with such hostility, both overt & veiled, is that
> a healthy raw vegan is usually so much happier &
> content (at peace with themselves) then when they
> were eating SAD..No one likes to be around a happy
> person when they themselves are less happy, or not
> happy at all..
>
> Bruce

Very well said.

"No one likes to be around a happy person when they themselves are less happy, or not happy at all.."

This made lol becuase its true.

"The second reason that SAD eaters view raw vegans with such hostility, both overt & veiled, is that a healthy raw vegan is usually so much happier & content (at peace with themselves) then when they were eating SAD."

How about none SAD eaters who view SAD with hostility and fear both overt & veiled, whats their issue?

Posted by: richard blackman ()
Date: October 13, 2008 08:38PM

Good points Bruce....

The same can be said for a lot of people in the raw community, they can be very hateful too....one thing I've noticed with a collective of people and their diets is that some MEAT EATERS will hate on the VEGETARIANS and some of the VEGETARIANS will hate on the VEGANS and some of the VEGANS will hate on the RAW VEGANS and some of the RAW VEGANS WILL HATE ON THE FRUITARIANS and some of the FRUITARIANS will hate on Liquidarians and EVERYBODY hates the BREATHARIANS because from my experience that is the most threatening concept of all...going without food scares the hell out of people, these "diet trashing contests" are very interesting to watch and EVERYBODY seems to be on auto pilot just lashing out, defending their diet and listening to a word ANYBODY has to say.

There's ALWAYS going to be the trolls or angry/negative people and I try not to generalize becaucause their are so many SAD eaters that are cool and respectfull when it comes to accepting differences of any kind, not just diet.

RB

Date: October 13, 2008 08:53PM

i LOVE LOVE LOVE being around positive radiant people if I am feeling a bit out of sorts. They lift me up and remind me of what I have to be thankful for

I am SO LUCKY that there are people around like that in my life

i don't have to look very far either

hey F1

that is interesting what u said and of course i have noticed certain dynamics that resonate with what you are saying

i think that people may feel threatened but that is okay because that is just the beginning.. later on, that veil will lift to reveal what they REALLY

feel which is perhaps admiration

respect

curiosity

intrigue

and that is when they start educating themselves further

then they take the leap

and its just that people... even though they are adults

are sometimes just like little babies

and they sometimes crawl.. then they walk.. then they run...

and sooner or later

they learn how to fly

then they

S
O
A
R

but in the beginning, they all sseem to do what babies always do

they

CRY

waaaaahh waaaaaah WAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

but have a little compassion

i know it is a tad bit shocking to think that adults can be little babies

inside

but if one has a sense of humor

it is easy to laugh about it

i'm sure that i am a toddler in other respects

that i am not even aware of

a new idea that i have never heard of... a philosophy that i TOTALLY disagree with

i may be confronted with and instead of dispassionately and logically thinking about it

i may just end up being a big baby about it

cuz its brand new to me

whatever it is

someone just showed me a new economic paradigm

and at first i rebelled ( though not very much i was still very open to listening)

then ... several months later

i saw the value in that idea

but it took time

so same with diet and all

its a paradigm shift

no biggie

let babies be babies and crawl and stumble walk and run fly and soar

hate is just ignorance

and when ignorance is lifted

there is wonderment

Date: October 13, 2008 09:47PM

richard blackman Wrote:
> Good points Bruce....
>
> The same can be said for a lot of people in the
> raw community, they can be very hateful too....one
> thing I've noticed with a collective of people and
> their diets is that some MEAT EATERS will hate on
> the VEGETARIANS and some of the VEGETARIANS will
> hate on the VEGANS and some of the VEGANS will
> hate on the RAW VEGANS and some of the RAW VEGANS
> WILL HATE ON THE FRUITARIANS and some of the
> FRUITARIANS will hate on Liquidarians and
> EVERYBODY hates the BREATHARIANS because from my
> experience that is the most threatening concept of
> all...going without food scares the hell out of
> people, these "diet trashing contests" are very
> interesting to watch and EVERYBODY seems to be on
> auto pilot just lashing out, defending their diet
> and listening to a word ANYBODY has to say.
>
> There's ALWAYS going to be the trolls or
> angry/negative people and I try not to generalize
> becaucause their are so many SAD eaters that are
> cool and respectfull when it comes to accepting
> differences of any kind, not just diet.
>
> RB

Richard

You are spot on with what you have said in this post regarding the various dietary philosophies..I was going to point out some of the things that you've just said, but I simply got tired of thinking & typing my previous post..

It must be a truism that humans fear, & thus hate that which they cannot or will not understand..I think that one of the major reasons that more people are not turning to a raw vegan diet are indeed the schisms & differences that are prevalent within the so-called raw community..

And many of the more prominent advocates, those with web sites, books, e-books, radio shows, restaurants, retreats, cooking schools, etc., are far too quick to put down another member of this very diverse community simply because that person or organization does not happen to agree with their point of view..

I know that I view the entire process of raw veganism completely differently today, than when I first became aware of the raw vegan diet 2-plus years ago..I once thought that there were the 100% raw vegans, and everyone else I lumped together into pretty much a separate homogeneous category..

Today, I have come to realize that the person eating a mixed fruit & vegetable 100% raw vegan diet is on but one step in a continuous process that may ultimately end up as Breatharianism..Where each person ends up on that SAD to Breatharianism road map will ultimately reside with the individual..Genetics, will power, luck, & other factors that I'm probably unaware of in all likelihood will play important roles in where the individual stops on their journey..

I have not yet been able to wrap my mind around, nor completely embrace the concept of Breatharianism..I look at you, Raw Gosia, & others to inspire me & educate me as far as Breatharianism is concerned..

I wish you & others a safe & productive journey..

Bruce

Posted by: cy ()
Date: October 13, 2008 11:02PM

Food is much more an emotional thing than anything else.
The majority time that we eat is because we were taught to eat at an specific time like breakfast (which is a break of the fasting),lunch and dinner and snacks.
Many times we eat some foods because reminds us of the good times that we had with family,friends,lovers,to celebrate any occasion,party,weddings,birthdays,funerals....and also we eat because we have anger,depression,happiness,all the emotions.
If we would eat just because we were hungry,for necessity of eating,we would eat almost anything or nothing at all.

Date: October 14, 2008 12:07AM

Hey Bruce...

Yeah the problem is that it's the wheel that squeeks the loudest that gets the oil!...it's always the negative folks that get heard, the successful folks go about their business or they get over looked. I think that if people took more notice of the raw food success stories, a lot more would be learnt!

Unfortunately although everybody has to start somewhere and we are all at different stages of our raw food lifestyle developement it seems that it's the raw food guru's that sticks closest to the SAD ideal with all the mock cooked food recipes, etc are the ones that are most popular and make the most money...and because of this I feel that people are being held back from progressing further and if nobody makes progress then lifestyles like breatharianism will continue to cause fear in others.

I'm rambling!

RB

Date: October 14, 2008 01:58AM

richard blackman Wrote:
> Hey Bruce...
>
> Yeah the problem is that it's the wheel that
> squeeks the loudest that gets the oil!...it's
> always the negative folks that get heard, the
> successful folks go about their business or they
> get over looked. I think that if people took more
> notice of the raw food success stories, a lot more
> would be learnt!
>
> Unfortunately although everybody has to start
> somewhere and we are all at different stages of
> our raw food lifestyle developement it seems that
> it's the raw food guru's that sticks closest to
> the SAD ideal with all the mock cooked food
> recipes, etc are the ones that are most popular
> and make the most money...and because of this I
> feel that people are being held back from
> progressing further and if nobody makes progress
> then lifestyles like breatharianism will continue
> to cause fear in others.
>
> I'm rambling!
>
> RB

Richard

I don't think that what you are saying is rambling at all..

The entire constructed raw foods movement that mocks or mimics traditional SAD recipes as closely as possible is a false trail, IMO..It leads people down a path where success in transitioning from SAD to raw is far less likely than switching cold turkey..

I went down that path at first because it seemed such a natural & logical way to progress from eating 100% SAD foods into eating a 100% raw food diet..The truth is that when a person is addicted they will do anything to rationalize not just quitting outright..

The entire raw food community must come to terms with the reality that switching from a 100% SAD diet onto a 100% raw food diet is EXACTLY the same as breaking any other addiction..Nothing that I myself have experienced, or that I've read leads me to believe that eliminating SAD foods from one's diet is any less difficult than quitting heroin, crack cocaine, methamphetamine, or nicotine..

Not everyone will experience the same level of difficulty in switching from SAD to raw..Biology, genetics, age, the length of time that one has consumed SAD foods, the proportion of addictive SAD foods that comprise one's diet, & other factors all play a part in how easy the transition from SAD to raw will be..

If you talk to any set of doctors, nurses, & counselors that deal with addictions, they will all tell you that the greatest success in beating an addiction, regardless of the nature of the addiction, always comes when the person that is addicted quits cold turkey..These successes presuppose that there will be a support system surrounding the addicted person in the form of counseling, drug withdrawal treatments, supportive family members, supportive people at the addicted person's work place, 12-step programs, etc..

An aspiring raw foodist usually has none of the above things to help them in transitioning from SAD to raw..Indeed, they usually have to swim against a tide of negativity that surrounds them..The norm is for parents, spouses, brothers, sisters, co-workers, friends, & loved ones to question their sanity & motives for wanting to make such a radical change..How many times have I read that a raw foodist's close friends & family took years to accept their dietary choice??..Dozens & dozens of times.. Rarely have I read where a person's family & friends were supportive from the beginning..

I believe that this the entire transition process is being made exponentially more difficult, as the normal negativity that comes from the SAD eaters surrounding the new raw vegan is compounded by the majority of the advice in print, online, & in lectures advising people to take the constructed raw food road..

Instead, I think people should be advised to just switch to eating raw fruits & vegetables in as close to their natural, fresh-picked state as possible..Organic if possible..And, to forgo all of the constructed food recipes, the so-called raw "Super Foods", the packaged "raw" foods (most of which I do not believe are in fact 100% raw), etc..

These types of foods are only on the market to appease people that do not truly want to change (myself included when I was first starting out), & to make money for people capitalizing on the emerging raw market..

Bruce

Date: October 14, 2008 03:00AM

Agreed Bruce...

I've always said that the raw movement conditions people to live in doubt/fear, how else will people keep buying supplements, etc.

I too believe that cold turkey is the key and I also believe that a ton of conditioning has to be undone also but structured help is needed, so when somebody says they want to go raw they should be able to get professional help/councel in the same way any other addict would and not just by some unqualified raw fooder that's been raw for 2 months and thinks they have the raw experience all worked out.

If we all got our wish and the world suddenly decided that going raw tomorrow, the raw community would fall apart at the seams because there's no unity and nothing is set up or ready to help people actually successfully transition. You'd have people thinking they were dying of starvation when infact they were detoxing/cleansing and all kinds of law suits flying around, the raw food forums would be full of clueless people demanding help and more trolls than you could imagine.

Fear of letting go, primal intuition and ignorants....These are just a few of many, many elements that contributes to other peoples fear towards the raw food lifestyle. There's a few good raw leaders out there but as I said before...it's the wheel that squeeks the loudest that gets the oil.

RB

Date: October 14, 2008 03:45AM

richard blackman Wrote:
> Agreed Bruce...
>
> I've always said that the raw movement conditions
> people to live in doubt/fear, how else will people
> keep buying supplements, etc.

I don't buy supplements because I'm "afraid". I buy supplements because I love myself. smiling smiley

Date: October 14, 2008 03:22PM

communitybuilder

Instead of posting trite one-liners, why not post an intelligent response explaining why you have chosen to take supplements..

Explain to the forum what supplement(s) you take..What differences, before & after, these supplements have made in your life..Any information that you might feel that would help another raw vegan..Let newcomers to the forum seeking advice & information benefit from knowledge that you have..

There are far too many forum members that are willing to indulge themselves in the type of provocative one-liners such as "I don't buy supplements because I'm "afraid".I buy supplements because I love myself.smiling smiley..

What good did this post achieve other than to try to stir Richard Blackman up??..If you do not agree with his October 13, 2008 11:00PM post, in full or in part, than why not post a well-reasoned rebuttal instead of this one-liner??..If your intention was to stir things up, well you succeeded with me..I truly dislike it when people enter threads with no other apparent intent other than to stir up the people discoursing intelligently..

I cannot remember the person to whom the following quote is attributed..

"I have met the enemy, & he is us"..

This effectively describes the raw community..We indulge in far too much petty squabbling when it is obvious that we need to band together to fight the forces lined up against us..WE are our own worst enemy..

Bruce

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 03:23PM by baltochef.

Date: October 14, 2008 04:06PM

communitybuilder

Instead of posting trite one-liners, why not post an intelligent response explaining why you have chosen to take supplements..
Trite?

My time is valuable & I choose to be succinct & I get flamed for it?

I could call you a judgmental **** but that wouldn't get us anywhere, would it?

Explain to the forum what supplement(s) you take..What differences, before & after, these supplements have made in your life..Any information that you might feel that would help another raw vegan..Let newcomers to the forum seeking advice & information benefit from knowledge that you have..
Ok. I take DHA & B12, B6 & Zinc. When I say "I love myself" what I mean is that I love myself more than any philosophy & I won't restrict what seems empirically right based on some "but I shouldn't do that" that someone else put in my head.

It's not my place to tell other people what to take or not to take. I won't know what works for them. But to accuse all people taking dietary supplements as "being afraid" is simply ignorant, holier than thou nonsense, IMO. I'm making an informed choice based on what I know about nutrition for my long term benefit. That's what I meant when I said "because I love myself". If "loving yourself" to you means ignoring any data that suggests deficiency on a limited diet is possible than your path will be different than mine.

There are far too many forum members that are willing to indulge themselves in the type of provocative one-liners such as "I don't buy supplements because I'm "afraid".I buy supplements because I love myself.smiling smiley..
That's your judgment. Not everyone's communication style is going to rub you the right way. That doesn't make it "wrong", that's life, get used to it.

Why you hatin' on me cause I'm different than you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 04:06PM by communitybuilder.

Date: October 14, 2008 04:15PM

baltochef Wrote:
> What good did this post achieve other than to try
> to stir Richard Blackman up??..

Dude, if he's stirred up he's doing it to himself. I merely posted my opinion about myself which has nothing to do with him. If he's getting stirred up because someone has a different opinion that's his issue to resolve.

> If you do not agree
> with his October 13, 2008 11:00PM post, in full or
> in part, than why not post a well-reasoned
> rebuttal instead of this one-liner??..

?? I don't need to prove anything. There is nothing to rebutt. My reason for taking supplements is not fear-based. I can't "prove" that, it just is. Just because you're needlessly verbose doesn't mean we all have to be.

> If your
> intention was to stir things up, well you
> succeeded with me..I truly dislike it when people
> enter threads with no other apparent intent other
> than to stir up the people discoursing
> intelligently..

You're stirring yourself up homeboy. Take some responsibility.

You read my comment & got worked up & that wrote a tirade against me. All because I said I do something for my health because I love myself. I can't take different actions that you out of self-love? Talk about hating others for their differences.

>
> I cannot remember the person to whom the following
> quote is attributed..
>
> "I have met the enemy, & he is us"..
>
> This effectively describes the raw community..We
> indulge in far too much petty squabbling when it
> is obvious that we need to band together to fight
> the forces lined up against us..WE are our own
> worst enemy..
>
> Bruce

No one's starting trouble but you. smiling smiley

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: October 14, 2008 04:27PM

Why do people hate those who are different?

Short answer: Because they are ignorant.

Long answer: I've received hateful responses to my assertions that lettuce is a vegetable.

<sigh>

THE PEOPLE OF THE OTHER VILLAGE
by Thomas Lux

The people of the other village
hate the people of this village
and would nail our hats
to our heads for refusing in their presence to remove them
or staple our hands to our foreheads
for refusing to salute them
if we did not hurt them first: mail them packages of rats,
mix their flour at night with broken glass.
We do this, they do that.
They peel the larynx from one of our brothers’ throats.
We devein one of their sisters.
The quicksand pits they built were good.
Our amputation teams were better.
We trained some birds to steal their wheat.
They sent to us exploding ambassadors of peace.
They do this, we do that.
We canceled our sheep imports.
They no longer bought our blankets.
We mocked their greatest poet
and when that had no effect
we parodied the way they dance
which did cause pain, so they, in turn, said our God
was leprous, hairless.
We do this, they do that.
Ten thousand (10,000) years, ten thousand
(10,000) brutal, beautiful years.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 14, 2008 07:32PM

Thank you, Lee.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 14, 2008 10:06PM

baltochef Wrote:
> I cannot remember the person to whom the following
> quote is attributed..
>
> "I have met the enemy, & he is us"..
It was the Pogo comic strip character on Earth
Day, 1971.
If we're our own worst Enemy, then we're also our greatest
Ally.......WY

[www.nationmaster.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 15, 2008 12:07AM

Sure. The above posts are great....from Bruce & Richard...and the others.

-I definitely DON'T think this issue is limited to food....but eating is one of those NON-NEGOTIABLE things that everyone does (well...almost everyone!) Most people eat very unconsciously....with many pressures socially and culturally. Thus, having ANYONE around with a different agenda CAN be very threatening.

-People that mock healthy eaters would mock SOMETHING ELSE if they didn't know about a healthy eater. In the end, those things are usually about CONTROL ISSUES. Those with control issues usually seek to be 'right' by attacking those that are either powerless to fight back....or with 'criticisms' that strike at an area that cannot really be defended against or proved.

-The internet has given a whole new outlet to those with depression, emotional issues or control issues by allowing people (trolls) unlimited access to critique, bad-mouth and frighten in the name of 'science', 'truth', and 'rightness'! LOL. Amazing.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 15, 2008 12:12AM

davidzanemason Wrote:
> -The internet has given a whole new outlet to
> those with depression, emotional issues or control
> issues by allowing people (trolls) unlimited
> access to critique, bad-mouth and frighten in the
> name of 'science', 'truth', and 'rightness'! LOL.
> Amazing.
>
> -David Z. Mason

Ha,ha...very, very true!!!

RB

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: October 15, 2008 02:34AM

Yeah, all those OTHER people are trolls, have depression, emotional issues, control issues, etc.

<sigh>

Date: October 15, 2008 09:39AM

Date: October 17, 2008 04:02PM

davidzanemason Wrote:

> -The internet has given a whole new outlet to
> those with depression, emotional issues or control
> issues by allowing people (trolls) unlimited
> access to critique, bad-mouth and frighten in the
> name of 'science', 'truth', and 'rightness'! LOL.
> Amazing.
>
> -David Z. Mason

To be frightened you have to be unsure. If someone suggests that there is an alternative to what you are doing or points out potential pitfalls (critiquing) it's not their responsibility if you get "frightened", that's on you.

Trolling is deliberate disrespect & ignoring someone's request you stop. The only thing you mentioned that could be considered trolling is "bad-mouthing".

When you mention something you are doing (which is different from what another fellow is doing) and he starts a tirade directed at you (as Bruce did above) you have to wonder what he is afraid of. I certainly didn't say anything threatening.

Bryan keeps this form "safe" from people with alternative opinions but I'm not so sure that censorship is the best policy.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 17, 2008 05:35PM

communitybuilder Wrote:
> Bryan keeps this form "safe" from people with
> alternative opinions but I'm not so sure that
> censorship is the best policy.
People here are allowed to be different, as long
as they promote the Raw Vegan diet and lifestyle. That's why
this Forum is so good.
As far as other people hating those who are different....a
quote from 'Conversations with God' says it best...."See more
in another than they are showing you". In other words, it's
your problem, not theirs......WY

Date: October 17, 2008 05:51PM

Sure. I hear you CB. Just some added thoughts:

-It's not JUST an internet phenomenon....of course. In my observation/experience/opinion though......people that are negative, critical and controlling will usually try to accomplish this via channels that cannot be defended against.....i.e....things like eating habits....daily living habits......sexual habits.....political opinions......religious stance....etc. Things a person can never logically defend. People seeking to feel better about themselves (often through controlling behaviors) will rarely challenge some one powerful....or by attacking OPINIONS....but rather challenge those who are weak...confused....young, powerless.....or who cannot fight back....or who are afraid....on issues that are 'normal'.....heh, heh.....and accusing the person of being 'abnormal' and insisting those folks need to change their behavior....'for their own good'.....in some way that the controller recommends. This satisfies the compulsive need to feel a person has some control over some one else's life. Very normal.

-Anyone expressing unorthodox eating habits....or asking questions.....is a prime candidate to be criticized....but this critique actually has little to do with THEM....or their diet...if you follow my thinking. They are just a convenient target. No need to take it personally! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: iLIVE ()
Date: October 18, 2008 10:43AM

I know people who don't eat like I do (oh my, they are friendly people) and I don't mock them, and I also don't prefer when people who eat cooked food are grouped into a category, like SAD. Not everyone eats like that who eats cooked food. And there's no law that states cooked food is poison and will make people addicted to it. If you believe that, hey that's cool, that's your opinion; and when people believe this, and mock the other person, it's no different then someone who eats cooked food saying to someone who eats raw food "wow you care too much about what you eat" or "you're going to die from lack of nutrients" ..and so on. It's the same thing. So I like being open to the fact that raw food could be just as bad as eating cooked food. I've been a vegan before this, and it's comparable to the way perhaps a vegan would feel if there were people in the board who ate meat or something (even though there are more ethical issues with animals involved, so it's a little different) - and how sometimes they group all meat-eaters the same or ..something like that. Again; it's all opinion, and what one believes is not what someone else will always believe, and just because someone doesn't agree with one opinion is no reason to judge them in anyway or label them as unable to deal with life because of their food choice. It's all the evidence we're given that points us to our opinions; just cause one guy read more about raw food then someone else and now believes it completely is no reason to now hate the person next to you because they eat mcdonalds, you know? But it's hard not to feel that way when you first discover something so interesting, and so hopefully most people get over it and except everyone.

yeah..no one is better then aannyyooonnneee because of a simple choice like food.

Date: October 18, 2008 11:13PM

<<< -Anyone expressing unorthodox eating habits....or asking questions.....is a prime candidate to be criticized....but this critique actually has little to do with THEM....or their diet...if you follow my thinking. They are just a convenient target. No need to take it personally! Ha! ha! >>>

It pays though to consider thoughtful criticism & not simply paint all critics with the same brush. Sometimes when someone tells you the stove is hot they're not trying to hurt your feelings, they're trying to help you (probably a bad analogy for a raw food board but whatever grinning smiley).

Date: October 19, 2008 12:31AM

Yes. I was responding to the original post....which indicated that the person perceived that people were mocked/disliked. That's a jump from thoughtful criticism....which is certainly to be respected.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 19, 2008 04:43AM

some people actually hate people who are the 'same"

because they are
boring

same ole same ole

sheeple

who don't have any imagination to see outside of the "same" paradigms

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables