Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wine Raw?
Posted by: mango19 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 03:45AM

is any type of wine raw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2007 03:45AM by mango19.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wine Raw?
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 01:24PM

I have that same question and cant seem to find the answer online anywhere. I have heard that some wine is raw...but which ones and where to find it is a mystery!

d

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 20, 2007 01:41PM

Opinion: No. But if YOU think alcohol/yeast are healthy items for you...I encourage you to consume them.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: October 20, 2007 01:59PM

How to make:

RAW WINE

4 cups dried fruit - prunes, raisins, apricots, berries
1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup raw honey
dried hibiscus flowers (from the health food store)
water to fill a gallon after fruit is in it too.

place all ingredients in a 1 gallon container. Cover with cheesecloth and let sit in warm spot for 2 or more days. Strain and refrigerate when it has reached your desired potency.

agave nectar instead of honey

Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 03:14PM

DAVID....i dont think alcohol or yeast are healthy items. and I HARDLY EVER consume alcohol. but there are times when a nice glass of wine does sound good. so getting the info on raw wine doesnt hurt.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: October 20, 2007 05:57PM

I hardly ever drink. I was always a lightweight. Since upping my raw quotient to 90-100% for the past few months, I' have found that a single glass of red wine gives me a headache. (That may be the sulfites, which many people are sensitive too. It may be due to the level of tannins in that particular variety.) I am not so attached to drinking so I will just avoid wine in the future.

My body is stronger in some ways but more sensitive in other ways. Not wine... but cheese... I ate a small amount of cheese at work one day -- just out of not thinking and laziness. I wasn't really hungry. I never even liked cheese that much when I wasn't raw. Anyway, about an hour later, I had hives all over my body.

If you want to drink a glass of wine now and then, and your body can tolerate it, there are no raw police. See how you feel; That's the most important thing.

Just my .02 or so.

Lee

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2007 08:47PM

i think the grape juice is extracted with heat.

really, the difference between raw and not raw when it comes to something like this... if the purpose of raw is to consume things that are in a natural state wine is off the list. the grape juice in wine has been altered as much by the fermentation as it would be with heat. the difference between heated wine and non-heated wine is negligable IMO.

if you do want to have a glass of wine opt for organic. if sulfites give you a headache go for white, red wine has natural sulfites though more are often added.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables