Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

unsure about eating schedule with raw diet? help please...
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:09AM

hi. sorry for all my posts but im new to raw and seem to have a lot of questions. so, i keep reading and reading and seem to have come to the conclusion that rawfoodists (especially those who eat mostly fruit) seem to eat 3 times a day and thats it. breakfast, lunch and dinner. oodles of fruit in one sitting. I seem to be hungry throughout the day, even before going raw. i think partially because i workout a lot. not sure. i wish i wasnt always hungry! i hate it! but anyway..here is my question...

is it important to only eat in such a pattern...basically 3 meals a day. or is it okay to eat smaller throughout the day? like fruit throughout the day. green veggies or salad for dinner. fruit for desert. etc. basically eating something every couple hours. is this bad...

if the answer also relies on my goals...they are simple...lose 10-15lbs and get nice and healthy (fix a couple hormonal issues), more energy.

thanks for your help. i need it.

d

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: unsure about eating schedule with raw diet? help please...
Posted by: Sparkler ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:19AM

Digestion takes up energy, so it's more optimal for your body if you eat bigger meals in fewer sittings. If you're eating all day long, then your body is working hard to digest food all day long.

But when you're first transitioning to raw, it is difficult to get in enough food to satiate you because fruits and veggies contain so much water, you tend to fill up really quick.

So maybe start out eating smaller, more frequent meals but keep in mind that eventually it might be a good thing to head towards bigger, less frequent meals.

Sarah
[goingbananasblog.com]

Date: October 22, 2007 02:53AM

thanks sarah. i guess that makes sense. i have read a few of your posts on here in the past week or so. and if i recall correctly..you were successful in losing weight correct? if so, can you give me an example of what you eat in a day. also..when did you start seeing weightloss results?

thanks oodles for both posts to my questions (this and the bananas one)

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 22, 2007 03:32AM

I generally skip breakfast and don't start eating until noon. I think I read that a lot of other raw foodists tend to do this too. But then when I start eating, I eat whenever I get hungry which may be every 2 or 3 hours.

Date: October 22, 2007 03:43AM

Sarah...what do your foods consist of though? like at a meal what do you eat? fruits mostly all day and then greens at night? Im trying to understand the 811 diet.

thanks!

d

Posted by: Alkalarian ()
Date: October 22, 2007 03:56AM

Equally important to eating raw food is the proper balance of acid and alkaline forming foods. Our internal pH level is slightly alkaline, which is why our diet should also reflect this.

Consume at least 75% of alkaline food, and not more that 25% of acidic food!

Regards, Mel

Alkaline Food / Green Food Chart With pH Scale

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:51PM

. eating larger more complex meals will actually use MORE digestive energy. This is why its a good strategy. to slow down detox.

. eating smaller meals throughout the day will not consume more digestive energy...it just prevents someone from being active on an empty stomach...I think THAT is the rational for that particular program.

. you don't have to eat 'oodles' of fruit. Most of your hunger will be psychological...comming from a diet which consistently knocks out any emotion via taking up all digestive nerve energy.

. you only have to eat enough of the 'good' foods to prevent you from turning to any cooked matter or the heavy 'raw' fats/density.

. If you are indeed very active. Doing large meals will probably be best for both that and a steady detox.

. If your diet is truly cleansing and leaves out all medications/ cooked foods/ complex combinations/fermentation...AND you are eliminating old wastes...you will loose weight effortlessly I would think.

Date: October 22, 2007 03:41PM

thanks ANEKEN...

----. If your diet is truly cleansing and leaves out all medications/ cooked foods/ complex combinations/fermentation...AND you are eliminating old wastes...you will loose weight effortlessly I would think.----

can you explain the complex combinations/fermentation part to me a little. I dont really understand that. also the eliminating old wastes part..doesnt that naturally happen?

d

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables