Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food for the little ones
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 23, 2007 05:32PM

Hi there!

I am fairly new to raw-fooding (I have been a vegetarian most of my life) and have tried and failed a couple of years earlier. I am excitedly trying to get back on track, but this time with a family! I've recently had a baby (It's a boy! pull out the cigars!-kidding.) and would like to know if there are any other mommies out there who started their children on raw foods, perhaps by using a Vitamix or Cuisinart. I am not sure if there little systems are up for the task of digesting raw foods. Truth is I've found absolutely no literature on it. So I am here trying to get some information.

Thanks a bunch!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food for the little ones
Date: October 23, 2007 06:42PM

[www.amazon.com]

Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine by Gabriel Cousens. He has a whole section on what to feed babies from new born and on.

There is also 29 reviews of this book on Amazon, the website above

Posted by: wrenbrrd ()
Date: October 23, 2007 07:37PM

My son likes raw foods, but some he isn't able to bite into and/or chew on. He's 18 months old & has twelve teeth so far. (Speaking of which, he does like to teeth on a whole, cold, raw carrot.) I don't have any sort of machine to make veggies & fruits into juices for us either.

He just loves avocadoes, bananas, apples, lemon wedges, raw nori seaweed (isn't it good though? mmmmm). However, he does eat a lot of dairy products, which I'm not too keen on. They're organic, but still... He loves organic veggie soups too, & he seems to really dig fish & seafood.

I am nursing him to this day, & I probably won't stop until he's at least two.

Mostly, in all aspects of his life, from lifestyle to religion to politics, etc... I'm trying to lead by example & inspiration, rather than just tell him that this is just how it is or give him what I'm eating whether he wants it or not, whether he understands why or not. In that way, I'm hoping to prevent some of the rebellion-against-parent(s) that comes with forcing (albeit, peacefully) lifestyle or beliefs on offspring.

Good luck finding out about kids eating raw foods!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 23, 2007 09:38PM

Thanks ladies!

I appreciate your input. I will most certainly check out the book you referred deegary. I still have a ways until that time is near but I like to be prepared.

I know what you mean wrenbrrd in regards to leading by example. I 'd like to create a safe and healthy foundation for him equipped with a healthy dose of open communication and humor. I believe that this journey belongs to him. And I believe that children will make decisions to support health and peace in the long run so long as it is introduced with love, and personal honesty.

xoxo to you and your families!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables