Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tasty staple foods
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 24, 2007 03:28AM

I currently eat cooked rice, corn, wheat and potatoes to provide me long term energy throughout the day. But these foods must be cooked in order to taste good. Most raw foods that are tasty are not suitable as a staple food, i.e. they provide only short term energy. Does anyone know of any raw, yet tasty, staple foods that are cheap and readily available that I can eat that will keep my energy level up for a long period of time. You can also email me at cmccollu@yahoo.com. Thanks for any advice. Charlie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tasty staple foods
Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: October 24, 2007 03:49AM

Bananas do it for me. They provide me all the energy I need to do my chores and do my workouts.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 24, 2007 04:02AM

. foods aren't really good for energy...except for blocking it.

. focus on just keeping your diet joyful but moving slightly outside of your comfort zone. This might mean giving up foods that cause stimulation..or cessation of symptoms/detox --> eating more lighter foods, that travel more quickly through the system and leave you feeling your own - often unwelcome - energies

if you are eating tons of fresh stuff..and ONLY simple cooked starches (without cheating on processed sugars, dairy, meats..even on occasion) you are in a GREAT position to begin increasing the percentage of raw foods..and slowly weaning off cooked fare, and hopefully giving attention to your healing...not your exercise regime.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 24, 2007 05:39AM

Bananas are to raw fooders what brown rice is to macrobiotics or wheat is to the western diet. A cheap staple.

However, when cost is not an issue, I like to indulge in the more expensive fruits. Things like melons, figs, persimmons, durians, etc. Whatever is in season.

But during the winter and early spring, when there are not local fruits in seasons, I consume a lot of bananas.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 24, 2007 11:32AM

Opinion: It is people's 'system' that is geared to short-term stimulus and foods. When eating healthier....the body will/can eventually eschew stimulants like caffeine/nicotene.........and 'stimulating' foods like spices, salts, oils, extracts, powders, supplements, processed items, refined carbohydrates.

-It is the refined carbohydrates in grains that are converted instantly to sugars and pasty wastes that cause trouble. But they provide a quick fix don't they? Ha! ha! It took me many months to transition to a more 'long-acting' energy of vegetables....and later fruits.

-I KNOW Bryan and many of the other wonderful souls on this board will/are of great support to you - and I know I will endeavor to also offer some experience....which I hope is helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: October 24, 2007 12:43PM

As far as raw staple foods; as much fresh living fruit as you need to be satiated.

Corn can be eaten raw no problem

The other things I find usually leech the energy-- worth reading up on Grain damage. I have a huge amount of energy now minus the grains.

it wont be comfortable at first..but soon the raw energy will be amazing smiling smiley...give it a go..nothing to loose!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 25, 2007 03:19AM

Sprouted grains for me.

Not big on bananas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables