Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

craving cake/bread texture
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 26, 2007 05:47PM

Are there any raw vegan recipes which closely replicate the texture of bread or cake? I'm really craving that texture. It's weird - the things you crave when going raw. You think it will be particular foods - but it is equally the sight, texture, smell, psychology, particular chewing motions, etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: craving cake/bread texture
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 27, 2007 03:22AM

Yes... there are these prepared raw things in little balls, they're called Spirulina Sunrise, I used to get them at the health food store. They're sweet with a very pleasing, carb-y texture. I used to eat them with dark chocolate and I thought they tasted just like a chocolate croissant that way. That and the other little balls that company makes (I can't remember their name) like the carob fudgy balls are the best, most real dessert-like raw creations I've found. They're sooo good.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 27, 2007 03:30AM

These things:

(there are alot of items in that link - I'm talking about the 1st set of items listed - in the yellow squares. Too bad they don't have pics).

[www.deliciousorganics.com] baking for health

They're around $2.50 for 2 little balls so kind of pricey but total pleasure. I was hooked on them when I first went raw, and they're not that easy to find, either, so I'd grab a handful of packages and wince at the register. Because they'd last me like 2 days, I just kept eating them. But I still lost weight so it was cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2007 03:34AM by sunshine79.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: October 27, 2007 04:28AM

Weird. I never liked bread/cake products/texture even on SAD. I thought I hit something when I discovered low carb diets. LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables