Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fruitarian diet
Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 27, 2007 11:04PM

hello all you fruitarians out there. I am new to the raw diet and I am finding that I eat SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fruit. part of me thinks this is good and part of me thinks this is bad and it could be why i am not losing weight. I was hoping all you experienced raw foodists and fruitarians might be able to give me some examples of a day of eating for you...whats your menu like?

thanks for your help

d

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fruitarian diet
Date: October 27, 2007 11:12PM

Most of us are at different stages so knowing what we all eat may not give you the answer your looking for but I can tell you that when I first started I ate a lot of fruits too!

All the best and good luck!

F1

Posted by: ddreams76 ()
Date: October 27, 2007 11:22PM

thanks F1. did you find that you GAINED weight when you first started or had trouble losing weight?

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: October 27, 2007 11:23PM

Weight loss can come at different times and different degrees also for people. It's not uncommon to lose nothing for months then all of a sudden it drops off seemingly overnight. So many different scenarios are out there though.

Date: October 28, 2007 01:29AM

No I didn't start losing retained water and fats until about 3 months into it....

I would try putting a time scale on it, if your not at the point where your losing water, etc you probably still have something that's toxic inside you still and your body simply needs time to deal with it but I don't know anything about you or your previous eating habits/lifestyle so I'm just guessing!

Hope that helped

F1

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: October 28, 2007 07:06AM

at first I wanted mostly grains and sprouts and greens, with lots of spices and onion/garlic. I lost a dramatic amount of weight--from around 115lb, to 100 in 2 months.

Since then, I have been eating mainly fruits with lettuce and carrots added in, along with raw hemp. I'd say though, that 80-90% of my kcals come from fruit. I have lost about 5 more pounds since then (5-6 mos.), and am now making sure not to go below that, by adding in dried fruits occasionally, and limiting cardio in exchange for more weight training.

My observation would be that eating only fruit caused my weight loss to slow, as compared to a less fructose based intake...though it's important to note that I lost a lot at first, and less as time goes on--so it may be simply the fact of going raw altogether.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 28, 2007 07:17PM

Sample these days:

Breakfast: Glass of fresh squeezed Orange Juice.
Snack: 1/2 lb of grapes
Lunch: 5 small avocados
Snack: 2 apples
Dinner: Melon or Papaya

-Hope this is helpful.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: jorgeben ()
Date: October 28, 2007 07:55PM

I think that you should listen to your body and eat what you feel like eating, regardless of paradigms. Of course, you should also analyze these cravings and add new test foods (acquired tastes) to your system to see how the body reacts. Eventually you'll come up with something perfectly suited to your health.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables