Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Low blood sugar?
Posted by: Tzefira ()
Date: October 27, 2007 09:18PM

OK, so i've been 50/50 raw since March and within the last 2 wks i've gone 100% raw and plan on staying 100%, i feel better! So.... im 23 yrs old but i never really had acne, not since march my acne is steadly getting worst. I went to a natural doctor for a non related issue, turns out he was a raw vegan too, and he discoved i had low blood pressure, now he told me to stay away from sweet fruits and only eat "few fruits", no carrot juice, and to stay gluten free. I love fruit (dates, dried fig, raisins, honey, ect.) could these simple sugars be causing my acne. I also read somewhere that some raw foodist eat less fruit and alot more veggies and they feel great. I feel really good now, but i also feel as if i could be feeling alot better.
Any advise?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Low blood sugar?
Date: October 27, 2007 09:19PM

oops i sent it twice... sorry

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: October 28, 2007 06:36AM

Tzifera,

Stay away from the dried fruits you are better off with fresh fruits over dried.

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Date: October 28, 2007 06:44PM

ok thank you smiling smiley

Posted by: annex ()
Date: October 28, 2007 08:01PM

I have really low blood pressure (it has been high 50's to low 80's) and I was wondering what the connection is with blood sugar, that is why you were asked to stay away from fruit. I am 100% raw with about 50% (volume wise) of my diet from sweet fruit.

Posted by: uti ()
Date: October 28, 2007 08:10PM

Most people mistakenly blame sugar as the problem that needs controlling when the real culprit is likely to be high levels of fat. For an enlightening view on the subject check out Dr. Doug Graham's book on the 80/10/10 diet [tinyurl.com]. Here's a short read from him on fat [tinyurl.com].

I experienced a lot of whacked out periods with my diet from high and low blood sugar and was told a lot of the same things you were by well meaning people who really didn't know what they were talking about. The only approaches that have helped me have been lowering fat intake and proper food combining. I've been exploring the 80/10/10 high fruit diet for nearly 2 years with very satisfying results.

Of all the long-term successful raw food people that I have met, balancing fat and carbohydrate intake has been a predominate issue in their transition to 100% raw.

As for the acne problem, please be patient. Your body will eliminate toxins through multiple outlets and the skin is just one of them. Remember that eating a diet that did not serve the highest level of health may have gone on for many years and reversing the ill effects of your old diet will take commitment, courage and patience. Welcome to an exciting learning experience.

Posted by: blue_sky ()
Date: October 29, 2007 12:32AM

Hi uti,

It's nice to see you around again! =)

All the Best,
Wong

Date: October 29, 2007 01:28AM

THank you Uti, i havnt read the 80/10/10 but i will now. I love the raw "diet" and i continue to stay with it, patients... yes thats something im still learning smiling smiley
thank you again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables