Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hello from Ireland
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 09, 2007 05:42PM

Hi.....I have just started my raw food journey.......having been an almost vegan for most of my life.........however..after a week.......I feel I cannot face another nut....or another grated raw salad..........I need something filling.....that is easily prepared...........Im beginning to yearn for wholewheat pasta or mashed potatoes.............I can do raw...all day long..but it is the evening meal that is a problem.........two salads in one day is sooooooooo boring........
I am studying all sorts of great raw food recipes......but the last thing I want to do at night is get a book out and try to figure something out for dinner.......Having said all that..I feel better..have loads more energy...feel slimmer as well...........so will keep going.....
Hope someone out there can give me some ideas to keep me on the straight and narrow.....Linda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hello from Ireland
Date: November 09, 2007 05:54PM

eating lots of fruits has cut down my cravings!!!

some people go by the 5-5-5 rule. One meal should be no more than $5.00,
5 or less ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 09, 2007 06:54PM

I like raw soups. There are a lot of varieties. I like to spice things up with stuffed peppers (anahiem are good). Have you tried marinating greens? Stuffed mushrooms are good. Sometimes we eat smoothies for dinner. It is like breakfast for dinner. This is really great [www.fromsadtoraw.com] .
There are a lot of good ideas on that site. Good luck!!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 09, 2007 07:19PM

The craving for cooked starches comes from not eating enough carbohydrates. On the raw diet, raw carbohydrates comes from fresh sweet fruit. Try eating all fruit for breakfast and lunch, making sure you get the number of calories you would normally eat on your cooked diet (you'll need to use a nutritional calculator like fitday, nutritiondata, nutridiary, or Cron-o-Meter to do this. If you eat as many carbohydrates from fruit as you were getting from your cooked starches, the craving for these starches will disappear.

Date: November 09, 2007 07:58PM

Hello Bryan..thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my plight. I make a large mixed organic fruit salad each morning..and take this around 11.......then around 2 I have a wonderful supergreen drink............I find this is working better.......I just have to organize an easy evening meal that satisfies...Its early days yet...perhaps all this fruit will stop the craving. Take care..Linda

Date: November 09, 2007 08:00PM

Thank you everyone for your good advice...will take it all on board.........Linda

Posted by: rawnora ()
Date: November 10, 2007 04:01PM

Linda,
It may be helpful to read the story of my 6-year transition on my website (under "Philosophy & Other Articles"winking smiley.

Find raw recipes that satisfy you. It takes a lot of experimenting. Have fun with it.

Best regards,
Nora
www.RawSchool.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables