Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cooking with your car?
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 11, 2007 11:26PM

I like to listen to 'car talk' on PBS radio. This past week a caller talked about her concerns over how to properly cook with her car. She didn't want to damage her car, but also didn't want to make her car smell. I was suprised that the hosts of the program actually seemed to know alot about 'car cooking'. Including proper placement, and proper wrapping set up etc...

Here is a webpage with peoples comments about cooking with your cars engine.
[www.instructables.com]

another page
[www.slashfood.com]

Also a cook book for car engine cooking
[www.amazon.com]

Definately interesting, but it doesn't seem very healthy to me. It seems like one would get exhaust fumes, oil etc on the food. Not to mention perhaps potential harm to the engine. It is kind of funny however having cooking times given in miles as well as minutes. Maybe their on to something! can you imagine car cooking especially designed for this in the making of the car? It seems like perhaps other non-food related uses of capturing heat would be better.

Maybe some creative raw foodists have non-cooking on ones car? special places for growing sprouts?(not the engine of course)lettuce farms in the back seat? I thought that hatch backs might be a great place to grow tomatoes or cacti. Actually tomatoes might not be so great, unless its the winter, the car might get too hot even for tomatoes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cooking with your car?
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: November 12, 2007 12:59AM

Cars are good for fruit ripening!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 12, 2007 01:54AM

It's the lack of fresh air flow...and limited sunlight....and high temperatures....which will wilt or limit the growth of most plants and sprouts. Just my observation / experience. Use a window box instead.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 12, 2007 04:32AM

My Husband read a book once called "Cheap Tricks." It actually suggested finding fresh road kill and cooking it under your hood to save money on food while on a road trip.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 12, 2007 05:17AM

Mm mmmm... road kill my favorite !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables