Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Thailand
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 12, 2007 12:33AM

Anyone been to Thailand?

I'm going for two weeks next summer. I just made my reservations with a friend who isn't raw. I'm kind of concerned about that part of it. I don't want to be a bother. But I want to be able to stay raw while I am there.

I've traveled to Europe, central America and Mexico but never to Asia before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Lee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thailand
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 12, 2007 12:41AM

Its easy to be raw in Thailand. A lot of restaurants will have fruit plates. Find the produce markets and enjoy the fresh tropical fruits. That time of year, you should be able to find plenty of fresh durian. I am thinking of going to Chanthaburi during their durian/fruit festival in May next year.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 12, 2007 12:46AM

I love the beautiful photos! THANKS for responding so quickly.

I will probably ask again about this before I go... June 24. I'm excited but nervous about the food part. I've been eating 90-100% raw/vegan since early August and really feel good about that. I want to keep it up. I've never had durian before. I guess I will by the time I get back from Thailand. Wow -- those photos are awesome. smiling smiley

Thanks Bryan. I really appreciate all your help, all the time.

Lee

Posted by: badawie ()
Date: November 12, 2007 01:43PM

As Bryan said, I wouldn't worry about it. It's hard to walk more than five steps without running into a fruit vendor who can dice you up a plate full of mango/pineapple and others in a minute or so.

I wasn't even into raw when I was last there, but I would buy huge bags of fruit to take back to the hotel. My mom, who was living there, pretty much lived on fruit for 2 years. She's 72, in thailand she looked like she was in her late 50s again (she looks 60s normally).

And if you're into tattoos..wow! I had an amazing one done there..

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 12, 2007 05:20PM

geez

i wanna go to thailand

a country that has a DURIAN festival?

they've got their STUFF together smiling smiley

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 13, 2007 05:52AM

I want to go, too. Lets all go for freshmas<3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables