Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

little bugs in kale!
Posted by: gadjoemi ()
Date: November 14, 2007 01:32PM

Hello, there.
The kale season has kicked in in the Netherlands and I recently discovered that what they sell and eat in winter time here known as boerenkool in Dutch is actually kale in English! I was excited to find that out!

Last week, I bought the organic kale and decided to try my very first kale salad. It was my huge surprise to find there were sooooo many little bugs on the leaves and I was in a panic. I almost gave up eating it raw but I decided instead to wash them in running water. I washed around 10 times and then I could not see any trace of bugs anymore.

Really, how do you wash to get rid of all the hugs in your kale? Is there any special way to clean the leaves?

PS my blender is so weak that when I made smoothie with kale, all the fibers were very present in the smoothie and didn't taste so good. I am on my way to convince my husband how good the Vita-mix is for us!

kind raw regards
gadjoemi

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables