Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Patricia Piccinini/GMOS/art
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 13, 2007 06:12AM

Last weekend I went to the Frye art museum in Seattle Washington. Currently it features works by Patricia Piccinini, and a few others. I really enjoyed the show, but at first I found it rather shocking. I was hoping that they would have the video available which was part of the show, but I guess you have to see the film in person.
[www.fryeart.org]
[www.fryeart.org]

More of her work
[www.roslynoxley9.com.au]

She investigates the genetic engeineering thing quite a bit. Its quite amazing how she manages to create creatures which are so animal and so human. The unusual part for me was the 'what if' people made gmos to assist non-gmo creatures to survive. To provide a sort of buffer between human exploits and the rest of biology. As far as I know most gmo's are created with the object of benefiting humanity, and little else, if thats ever a thought.

Before this show, I was absolutely against GMOs, but now I'm not sure. It still seems like a suspect 'fix' for the problems that humans have created. But no matter how you feel, it seems that gmos are going to happen. Someone will do it legally or illegally, for some reason or another. Hopefully the creation will be better than we had ever hoped.

Some slides of her work
[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Patricia Piccinini/GMOS/art
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 15, 2007 01:41AM

Wow. A lot of food for thought! I remember seeing some of her art before somewhere-- very arresting work that you never forget once you've seen it.

I've been thinking along similar or parallel lines, because in going back and re-reading 'The Secret Lives of Plants' while taking it easy yesterday and today to get rid of pink eye (of all things-- happily it's just about gone now) I'm re-examining the continuity of consciousness that exists in all lifeforms, even plants.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables