Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

To Shaine...your mailbox was full
Posted by: corizza ()
Date: November 15, 2007 07:28PM

My boyfriend and I are planning on coming to costa rica the same time you are. I was looking into the place you are staying, and it seems like its just the kind of place we are looking for. It seems like its not real touristy. Is there lots of raw food readily available? Do you know of the best place to stay? Any info you have would be appreciated. We are buying our tickets on monday! Thank you!!
Corissa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To Shaine...your mailbox was full
Posted by: shaine ()
Date: November 16, 2007 05:59AM

I don't know where I'm staying yet. There used to be this place called Blew Dogs, but it changed hands last year. So I don't know anymore.

It's a surfing town.
surfing.
all the time.

there are boat trips for a bit fo money if you're into that...mostly fishing though. There's cool hiking, but not through the rainforest like you might be picturing. I love it there though...lots of little daily stuff. Oh yes, and I surf twice a day, so it's perfect in that regard.

There is not much for raw food--surprisingly.
Although, what do we need really? just some fruits, yeah?
There is one little market and it's mostly packaged stuff. There were 3-4 fruti choices and same for veggies last April. I'm not sure how it will look in Jan.

Seems like Costa is pretty hip for all the raw folk on this board...

Also--(you're travelling with a boyfriend, so it may dissuade them...but) the men in this town are pretty aggressive with their come-ons. It's important to dress discouragingly. at least, that's my experience. There aren't many young women around in this town.

oh, sorry to spook you.
it's nice there.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables