Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best Greens to Juice?
Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: June 29, 2006 02:26AM

What are the best greens to juice during a juice fast? Kale and apple? Spinach and apple? Is it best to add a flavor to it (apple, ginger, etc)?

I heard that juicing wheatgrass defeats the purpose of eating it... Who knows...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Greens to Juice?
Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: June 29, 2006 02:31AM

(double post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2006 02:31AM by learningtofly.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: June 29, 2006 02:31AM

Collard greens (remove the stem)

Posted by: RawGuy2000 ()
Date: June 29, 2006 02:56AM

I'm going to a natural food store and they will do the juicing. So you would suggest for a 3 day juice fast just collard greens? Yuck! Don't know if I can handle that. Master Cleanse sounds much more appetizing, lol. What else you got for me?

Posted by: judes ()
Date: June 29, 2006 07:36AM

I'm not an expert on nutrition but i've been looking around on the net and haven't found any evidence that wheat grass has any real food value whatsoever. someone on a farm saw thier cat and dog eating grass when they were sick, and than the animal regurgetated the grass. that is not convincing evidence. animals will do strange things whan they are sick. even cows don't get any nutrition directly from grass or hay. the plant material ferments in one of the cows guts and the cows somehow extract a kind of vinegar fron the cud, witch has been chewed several times.
i can't or won't chew cud. the juice from wheat grass is mostly clorophil (good for turning sun light into sugar, if you are a plant and have chloroplasts like organels) i don't the tast is unique and some people really like it.
if you know what is in wheat grass that makes it so popular please post it. on the other hand collard greens are good for you and have been for 1000s of years.
so eat them as mutch as you can.

Posted by: gadjoemi ()
Date: June 29, 2006 12:05PM

I bought beat leaves yesterday. I am wondering if I can eat them raw. If I can, I would like to make a nice smoothie with apples to sweeten it. Is it good???

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 30, 2006 01:36AM

I juice beet leaves with collard greens, turnip greens and celery every day almost. Sometimes I will blend them making smoothies. I make my smoothies with less fruit. In choosing greens I have the Calcium to Phosphorus chart at [www.njboxers.com] . Food with a ratio greater than 1 are very good for the body.

Posted by: Lazar ()
Date: July 05, 2006 03:53PM

Hey RawGuy2000,
There are a lot of healthy greens, right? So I would suggest using the variety - kale, chard, collard greens, my general rule of thumb is that no one thing has everything I need, so variety is my friend smiling smiley

and you can't go wrong with ginger. maybe even a little garlic if you can stomach it; some people really can't stand the taste of garlic in their juice.

my site - raw4life
my raw show! - Raw Kitchen vodcast

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables