Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Our bodies are like tires
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: November 25, 2007 02:02AM

We finally got the means and opportunity to return to the old town home and get our stuff out of storage so now our move is finally complete. *wiggles in excitement* (my feet are too sore to dance :p ).

I've realized that our bodies are like trailers. The more weight we carry, the more likely we are to "blow a tire". When we shed the weight it doesn't mean we're instantly back to maximum ability or that we ever will be.

I've rambled on about it in my blog but I thought my experiences with the tires on this move really mimicked our bodies.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Our bodies are like tires
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 25, 2007 02:34AM

Yes, it's true. When we eat less but keep nutrient density high, we generate fewer metabolic wastes, we have a slower rate of accumulating DNA damage, we accumulate less intracellular and extracellular garbage, etc.

And when we eat less methionine, we generate fewer new proteins which means fewer accumulated mistakes. Methionine is the start codon for protein synthesis.

Both mean slower aging, lower risks for cancers and other diseases. Over a lifetime it would make a very big difference.

Date: November 25, 2007 03:32PM

Speaking of nutrient density, are there any good (yet easy to understand) references or books available? This is something I'd like to successfully establish during my transition phase so it's not an issue once I'm 100% rv.

[jugglingforjoy.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 25, 2007 03:44PM

There are various ways to calculate it, most people use the fraction of RDAs met for nutrients divided by calories. But they don't always use the same nutrients when they do these calculations.

Joel Fuhrman discusses it in one of the videos on vegsource.com. He includes a list in approximate descending order:

leafy greens
solid nonleafy green vegetables
other nonstarchy vegetables
nonsweet fruit
sweet fruit
starchy vegetables
nuts/seeds
refined grains
oils
refined sugars
alcohol

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 25, 2007 08:50PM

hey Fud

i checked out the jugglingforjoy site that u had

the Juggling for Joy thing sounds fun

your whole family knows how to juggle?

that is cool

did you teach them or did they teach you?

i can only juggle two apples

once i juggled three oranges then one fell to the floor and i darn near busted it!

how DOES anyone juggle more than three?

i wonder about these things sometimes

u know?

Date: November 25, 2007 09:16PM

Now that we have our books out of storage I'll have to find Our copy of Furhman's book and see what he says about it. Thanks so much smiling smiley

I taught myself how to juggle when I was 14 but I never knew anyone juggled more than 3 until a few years ago. My eldest was looking for a hobby and didn't like the magic tricks etc. so my wife asked me to show him how to juggle. He quickly took off with it, finding books in the library, videos, etc. Next thing I know he's showing me things I did wrong. I'm working on 5 balls, 4 clubs, 4 rings.. He's up to 11 balls, 7 clubs, 9 rings. We all juggle to one degree or another, even mom though she does more prop making than juggling winking smiley.

Here's some things to remember about juggling (clinically proven).

1) it increases dexterity/reflex
2) it increases endurance
3) it decreases response times and decision making times (i.e. you can make split second decisions much more effectively than the average person)
4) it increases the gray matter of the brain. It's been recently proven that the brain DOES reproduce cells and regularly increases your brain matter and cognitive skills.

Unfortunately juggling is like many beneficial things. you lose the benefits when you quit juggling regularly, so you need to keep it up once you've started.

I thought I'd never get past 3 balls until I committed a single day to my 4 ball routine and came out with a whopping 104 catches without a drop by the end of the day. All I can say is try it, you might like it smiling smiley (give it 30 days with daily practice though). Check out some books and videos from your library. "Juggle Bug" is a good video.

[jugglingforjoy.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables