Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High Blood pressure on Raw & Medication
Posted by: Inaia ()
Date: December 08, 2007 05:47PM

Hi everyone. I am a raw vegan. My Mom has gone raw vegan a week ago. She has suffered form high blood pressure for years. SInce She's been on the raw vegan diet, her blood pressure has dropped dramatically and she's feeling great. She's obvious;y still taking her medication as it has only been a week since she's gone raw vegan (she was vegan before that) but her goal is to get off the medication completely. Does anyone have any experience with high blood pressure and a raw food diet?
Thanks,

www.inaia.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Blood pressure on Raw & Medication
Posted by: KathyT ()
Date: December 08, 2007 09:51PM

I have the same problem... I'm currently on high blood pressure medicine, but watching it closely and hoping to go off the medicine as I get back on raw. (I fell off the wagon for a few months and ended up in ICU from the SAD diet.) My sister uses garlic, cayenne, and pommegranite to lower her blood pressure, so I am doing the same. Just bought the peppers and am going to dehydrate them and make a power, so I can have it raw instead of using the capsules. And I LOVE garlic and pomegranite, so that part is easy. Although I'll probably have to go to some pomegranite supplements when they disappear from the shelves.

This is all new, so I can give you personal results yet, just getting started. It does good for my sister, though, she's not taking any medicine any longer!

Gotta watch the bp closely while making changes!

Good luck!

KathyT

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables