Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Community - Giveittomeraw
Posted by: Mocha ()
Date: December 09, 2007 08:42PM

A cool new blend of Myspace/Twiter/Facebook is a communal website for Rawfoodies connecting and meeting each other smiling smiley
Here is the Website: [www.giveittomeraw.com]

> Myspace: [www.myspace.com]
> Blog: [chefdemocha.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Community - Giveittomeraw
Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: December 09, 2007 11:00PM

that is some crazy looking frozen durian, looks like a frozen turkey!

i have yet to try durian, but i think when i do i would like it fresh/raw!

Date: December 09, 2007 11:31PM

Easy there Mrs. Pineapple Girlsmiling smiley This here Durian is still raw, but I'm w/you - I would absolutely love a Fresh durian, straight from the tree.
The smell is also more delightful, because the sulfur concentration doesn't build up in such high increments as it does in the freezing process.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 10, 2007 10:18PM

Yeah..by your facial expression that durian must smell real goodsmiling smiley I like your blog and I like the new raw food website. I bookmarked the raw food website..when I get time I may sign up.

I guess your parents are with you and not against you on the raw foods diet?

Love,
Prism

Date: December 10, 2007 10:51PM

Yes, my parents are wonderful and they definitely support me in my Raw endeavors; but I find it very difficult to live w/them at times, and probably vice-versa, due to their carnivorous appetites and the constant battle of who shall claim the fridge.
Overall thought I could not ask for better parents - but I'm, at-least I believe, going to enjoy moving to the big Island of Hawaii next year smiling smiley

Date: December 11, 2007 05:49AM

You are going to Hawaii next year?! Is that for school or rawchef school or how come you get to go! I wanna go too!

I'm trying to get my 24 yr. old to move to the raw food commune there on the big Island..I think he would thrive..for some reason I think that the outdoor living, raw foods eating will renew his spirit, and his health.

You could ask Santa for your own fridgesmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 05:49AM by Prism.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: December 11, 2007 07:23AM

I saw fresh durians today at Berkeley Bowl. But they had some furry stuff around their stems and there were only two left, so i didnt go for it. How can you tell if they are fresh?

And how on earth do you carry them??? I couldnt find a way to pick this thing up.

Date: December 11, 2007 01:05PM

Prism, thanks for the advice - but Santa already forked over the big dough for a brand new Vitamix, which I am so grateful for smiling smiley

Cocoa Nibs, Durians can be a little unusual at first, but after a while you learn how to hold them and open them with ease - Next time approach the Durian (trust me, it's not going to harm you smiling smiley and get a feel for it. The barbs can be sharp at first, but, like I said, you'll learn how they feel and will no-longer find them troubling.

Date: December 11, 2007 10:41PM

A vitamix..very nice..and a raw food chef needs one of those. Do try to make the carob mint coconut candy...it's really a treat!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2007 02:18PM

I have never seen a durian before...WHAT IS IT?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables