Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

newbie - fruitbinge phobia?
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: December 10, 2007 07:35AM

I started my raw journey with the intent to find more connection to the foods I eat. This has definitely worked out amazingly well so far!
I started just by adding fruit and greens. By day two I wasnt interested in dairy, meat or eggs anymore. I have been wheat free and sugar free for 3 yeaers prior to that, so that part was easy.As a matter of fact I was a low carber and had eaten NO fruit at all for those 3 years, except berries.

I am currently eating lots of greens and loads of fruit. The odd cooked sweet potato thrown in there, some roasted chestnuts and some steamed veggies. i also like to shred a bunch of veggies in my food processor and throw them in a miso soup or hot water with Bragg's Aminos. I also eat about 10 almonds and 3 walnuts from the shell a day.

So far so good, and the philosophy is to ADD, and to ALLOW, rather than restrict and 'willpower' myself. I have noticed that I am not doing this right with the fruit somehow. Some days I eat 15, 20 pieces of fruit or more (besides lots of other items in the vein of above) and I get a little heartburn and some very sour tastes in my mouth. I am averaging about 2500 calories a day, which is a vast improvement over past times (I mean BINGES of outrageous amounts!). I dont want to concern myself with numbers too much right now and rather listen to what my body tells me, yet I am a bit concerned with the amounts of fruit I am eating. I also get rapid heartbeat after eating sometimes, and am incredibly tired! Black tongue in the morning... well that's probably some detox.

This is a heck of a journey for me. i have had lots of problems with eating over the years and this is the closest I have ever gotten to finding the key to feeling 'connected' to food rather than fighting against it.

I feel eating the fruit separately from the veggies would definitely help, so I will aim for that. And for more greens.

I am very interested in your thoughts, should I have given food for any.

Thanks much for reading! This board rawks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 07:36AM by cocoa_nibs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: newbie - fruitbinge phobia?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 10, 2007 12:14PM

You are wise - and those are great questions. Fruit CAN accelerate detox and cleansing. There ARE times when you may not want this. One of the real rubber-meets-the-road secrets of learning to eat well (after eating poorly for many years like myself) is how to regulate your own detox by eating heavier raw foods (avocado, coconut, nuts, root vegetables) or light transitional foods when seeking to slow detox. And to learn to eat lighter fruits, fruit juices and engage in light fasting to speed up detox when things are going too easy! smiling smiley YOU have this power.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: shaine ()
Date: December 10, 2007 12:19PM

black tongue? I dont' know what that is...

fruit--I get that ache from too much of certain fruits (for me: seedless watermelon & grapes).

I'm not going to tell you to eat any certain fruits to quell your appetite, since you say you have willpower/controling thoughts around foods.

But from what you've written, it sounds like you're already better than you were. So I say, keep following this path. Look for the thoughts of more experienced raw fooders than I, and don't get mad at yourself.

*after over-eating...(even SAD):
my dad to his stomach: "I forgive you."
he's a very fit and happy man.

measure twice, cut once.

"In Watermelon Sugar the deeds were done and done again as my life is done in watermelon sugar." ~r.brautigan

I make paintings

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: December 10, 2007 12:48PM

Cocoa_nibs,

I am getting ready to leave on a business and trip and don't have time to re-type but look at my response yesterday (12/9) to the post titled: "pizza after raw? stomach on fire???" in this same forum.

This will explain some of the heartburn stuff.

I hope it helps.

Good luck.

Patty

Posted by: corizza ()
Date: December 10, 2007 07:56PM

I think food combining is very important. I find that if I eat fruit after I eat nuts or veggies that I get heart burn. It just takes different stuff to digest fruit, so I always eat fruit in the morning and then all the other stuff in the afternoon and at night. This is how I've been able to feel my best.

I've also found that if I overeat fruit I don't feel good. I just eat when I'm hungry. I tried to eat large amounts of fruit at a time because I thought that way I'd be getting enough calories, but really it just made me feel uncomfortable. Try different things and see how you feel, its all about experimenting!

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: December 11, 2007 04:27AM

this is a mono fruit binge:

for the last few days i have been eating massive amounts of raw pineapple and nothing else, mono.

i feel so good today, i feel awesome and cleansed and light! and you should see how flat my tummy is, (shallow, i know).

it would appear to be a fruit binge, i could possible have eaten 6 raw pineapples in the course of a day.

i find my mono pineapple days, especially if i do 3 in a row to be

so rewarding.

today is my last mono pineapple day for now, and it was a good one, my raw pineapple chunks gave my an awesome yet light energy for my work day.

i am craving romaine again, but we shall see what fruit or raw vegetable speaks to me when i am at the store tomorrow.

(i went back to look at my grocery receipts and see that actually i averaged 4 to 5 raw pineapples in the course of a day)

i really ought to move to hawaii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2007 04:36AM by pineapple girl.

Posted by: corizza ()
Date: December 11, 2007 06:00PM

does your mouth ever burn after you eat pineapple? My boyfriend eats one for breakfast every morning but if I eat a whole one to myself my mouth just hurts like hell! I wonder if there is a way to counteract this because pineapple is one of my favorites, I could eat it all the time!

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: December 12, 2007 05:03AM

corizza, a partially ripe pineapple can burn my mouth or even cause it to bleed.

sometimes after careful trying i still end up with a partially ripe pineapple.

unripe pineapples will burn and make my mouth bleed.

i try to choose a ripe pineapple by the sweet smell from it. if no sweet smell then i dont buy.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 13, 2007 06:54PM

I would slow down on the fruit and start on a clense product.
maybe a basic clense to start out with, or maybe go straight to a parasite/candida clense.

you will find out after eating raw for a couple of weeks you will naturaly want to eat less. if this doesn't happen you more than likely have some form of candida or parasites

your doing good by adding in greens. make them the center of your diet

don't worry so much about getting a high amount of calories, you actually don't need to eat as much cooked food because your getting all the nutrition from the whole raw food, rather than the cooked food that has the nutirents cooked out.

hope this helps

Tickets On Sale Now for only $250 until December 31st![www.rawspiritfest.com]

What an amazingly beautiful 2007 celebration, Thanks to You! Announcement: The 2008 Festival is happening at The Radisson Poco Diablo Resort in Spectacular Sedona, Arizona, September 12th - 14th 2008. Stay for a week if you can.

In 2008, we will return to the remarkable Radisson Resort, located amidst trees and ponds on verdant lawns beneath Sedona, Arizona's famous Red Rocks. Raw Spirit Festival celebrates organic raw vegan foods, world class music, spirituality, inspirational education, eco-sustainable solutions, healthy living and peace on Earth.

Come discover ancient wisdom and the latest findings from the greatest minds in healthy eco-living. Benefits include: Educational Vendor Booths, Outdoor and Indoor Stages, Ongoing Workshops, Sacred Exercise Area, Food Demos, Childrens' Programs, Music, Dancing, Leadership Sharing Circle, Nature Trails, Fantastic Foods and Fabulous Friends! Organic Raw Vegan Meals included. Accommodations are not included.

The City of Sedona deems our venue's maximum capacity to be 5,000. Therefore, the Raw Spirit Festival Will Sell Out! Already hundreds have confirmed, and virtually all of the 2500 participants from 2007 are returning. Places can only be reserved for participants via the RawSpirit.com's Registration Page. New and old Sponsors, Vendors, and Performers are also invited to apply on line.

Date: December 14, 2007 10:54AM

Thanks so much for all the great advice!!! Yall RAWWWWWWK!!!

I am already doing better on the heartburn end, have been turning down the banana-mania to about 5 a day.

I got a dehydrator, now i am all over the place trying out things... my credo is to allow myself whatever raw and fruity (and a little bit of cooked, like yams or chestnuts), as long as i get ample greens. The Blendtec is another new toy on the shelf and its all easy breezy!

Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: December 14, 2007 12:56PM

The sour taste in your mouth is probably from the chestnuts. I never eat nuts anymore but last winter I started to and I noticed that I got that symptom whenever I ate them.

Date: December 14, 2007 09:03PM

Interesting, Francois. I willpay attention to that. I noticed it especially after dates and bananas. Cutting down o dates....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables