Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

goin raw while breastfeeding??? is it bad?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2007 06:31AM

I have been vegan for a while and feel that living on raw food is the right way for me. However i have a four month old who i am still breastfeeding, do i need to wait? would toxins go into my milk?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: goin raw while breastfeeding??? is it bad?
Date: December 15, 2007 02:27PM

yes, any major or minor detox will show up in your milk so a big change during this time is not advisable. BUT luckily for you, transitioning to raw is often a slow process of introducing more and more over time and THAT should be fine for you, especially considering your current healthy diet. just go slow and cut out the cooked foods you eat bit by bit. maybe it will take a year, maybe two. you're on the path and it's a journey not a destination anyhow. you'll do fine.

Posted by: sprouter ()
Date: December 16, 2007 08:21AM

I'd say just add as much greens and fruit in your diet that feels comfortable! and let you intuition guide you to the good stuff.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: December 16, 2007 10:57PM

It is never too early to start eating foods that your body wants you too. Eating fresh fruit and vegies will have positive effect both on how you feel as well as on the quality of your milk, juicy fruit in particular.

Do not hesitate to follow your instincts!

All the best,
Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 17, 2007 04:51AM

daisyshay,

The more nutritious the foods you eat, the more nutritious the milk your infant will eat. The more toxic the foods you eat, the more toxic the foods your infant will eat.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 17, 2007 09:27AM

I agree with the above great posts by Coco...Bryan and everyone. If you are worried....introduce these healthy, raw plant foods at a slower pace....so that you and your baby grow accustomed to the new energy levels.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: December 17, 2007 05:19PM

Thank you all so much=)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables