Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fermented Foods - Rejuvilac +Introductions...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2007 04:17AM

Hello all!

I have been scouring the internet in search of a good place to settle in and get comfortable, and I think I have found it!

-On that note, I would like to begin this post by introducing myself and tell everyone that I think it is a great thing going on here, and it seems to hold many inspiring and knowledgeable people...

I am a 19 year old male who is steadily making the transition into eating Raw. I am about 65-70% right now... It has taken a process of a few months to get this far, but I have no intentions of slowing down. It is awesome to find a place that offers a continued source of support. -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many of you incorporate fermented foods into your diets, such as Rejuvilac?

Although it had a bold taste at first, after a while I found that I actually quite enjoyed the taste. Not to mention the jump start that it has put on my days and my workouts.

For those who don't know Rejuvilac is the fermented liquid of sprouted wheat in its concentrated form.

Also, what about Seed Cheese? ( I am just now beginning to make seed cheese, but I have been making Rejuvilac for some time now...)

Thanks for reading all of that...and I look forward to any responses...

Kudos

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2007 04:30AM by mythicalone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fermented Foods - Rejuvilac +Introductions...
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 19, 2007 04:32AM

mythicalone,

I used to enjoy both these foods when I first went raw. But over time, my taste for them disappeared. If you find this happening for you, its best to let go of these foods, rather than continue eating them because others say they are healthy.

One of the early promoters of Rejuvelac, the Hippocrates center, no longer advocates it.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 19, 2007 04:38AM

I thought I saw a website where they made rejuvilac out of mushrooms? It was awhile before I found out it's made out of sprouted wheat berries. Do they make it out of mushrooms too sometimes?

I have not made nor tried seed cheeses.

Oh, and WELCOMEsmiling smiley Glad you find this place comfy and hospitable..we love new people here!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: pineapple girl ()
Date: December 19, 2007 04:50AM

i absolutely love gt's raw kombucha, i am addicted to it. i have to ration myself on it now, its so pricey.

so now for me its a treat, not a regular everyday drink like it used to be.

its a raw fermented tea, sold mostly but not exclusively at whole foods.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2007 07:49AM

Welcome! I haven't tried rejuvelac. I like miso, vegan kefir, almond "cheese", sauerkraut, and KimChi. I use the "sauerkraut maker" for vegetable ferments. The book Wild Fermentation has great info and I took a class from him last summer

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 19, 2007 07:24PM

Oh..so there's Kombucha, and then there's rejuvelac..dumb mesmiling smiley Kombucha is from the mushrooms, rejuvelac is from wheat berries right?

Love,
Prism

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: December 21, 2007 03:08PM

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh..so there's Kombucha, and then there's
> rejuvelac..dumb mesmiling smiley Kombucha is from the
> mushrooms, rejuvelac is from wheat berries right?
>
> Love,
> Prism

Yes. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables