Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

have any of you read "the raw secrets" by Frédéric Patenaude?
Posted by: joanna2007 ()
Date: December 23, 2007 04:59PM

I am trying to find the best book to read when transitioning to a 100% raw diet. Any suggestions?
Thanks everyone!!
Sincerely,
joanna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: have any of you read "the raw secrets" by Frédéric Patenaude?
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 23, 2007 05:15PM

"The Raw Secrets" is a good book about the pitfalls that a lot of people fall into on their raw transition. Frederic shares about his experiences and difficulties he had.

I also recommend taking a look at "The 80/10/10 Diet" available at [www.foodnsport.com].

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: December 23, 2007 05:16PM

I have it and will keep it. I found it a little to general to really be of any help to a beginner. More of a motivational book. Kinda just reiterates everything you can read off the web.

For transitioning, I would suggest Alissa Cohens book. OR try Dr. Grahams 80/10/10 book for a very successful approach followed by many.

Alissa's book is full of valuable information and is a keeper as good reference many I don't think realize. The recipes are on the higher fat side alot of times, BUT this is for transitioning to help SAD eaters transition to an all raw diet. You should then be able to let go off the higher fat recipes after you transition down the road. The purpose is to let people not feel they are missing out on the taste sensations or heaviness of their previous diet. This approach may or not work for you though. Dr. Graham is more do it and do it right kind of thinking. He gives you the optimum way and backs it up very nicely, but it's not a transition book. It has a good menu planner too to help organize your meals though.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: December 23, 2007 05:35PM

I read Raw Secrets while transitioning and found it very helpful, although I thought it was a bit too strict, might not be the best transition diet.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables