Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Experiences drinking Kombucha ?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: December 21, 2007 06:13AM

Anyone have any weird side effects or notice anything improve while drinking Kombucha? I've become addicted to Synergy's and have been drinking a bottle almost every morning. Helps with "detox" symptoms when I was colon cleansing and seemed to flush everything out of me faster and I had no weird headaches. Kills my appetite and gives me some extra energy and mind clarity which I love.

I think it did something weird to my bladder or kidneys though..It makes me go alot and now some days my urine smells strong and drinking this stuff is the only connection I can come up with. Could be unrelated but it was the only thing I can think of.

The other thing I don't understand about it is that it's supposed to be "raw" and any white sugar or whatever in it, the "mother" or "scoby" eats... But there are strands of the mother/scoby floating around that I end up drinking..so aren't I ingesting stuff that I probably shouldn't be?(like sugar)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Experiences drinking Kombucha ?
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: December 22, 2007 02:04AM

It's ok to consume those solid parts. The sugar is fermented, so it is no longer sugar. Kombucha has been really good for me also. We make our own, its quite easy to make, it's a big solid/slimey grey mass and it grows like crazy. I still twitch when I see all that sugar go in, but if you let it sit long enough it tastes so sour you KNWO it's gone.

Asparagus and spinach can make urine smell.

Posted by: learningtofly ()
Date: December 22, 2007 07:13AM

I got a weird rash when I tried kombucha.

If the kombucha is sweet, that means there is still unfermented white sugar in it.

IMO coconut water kefir is probably a healthier choice.

Posted by: sprouter ()
Date: December 22, 2007 08:28AM

I got a weird rash on my cheek from kombucha too! Don't like it too much after that.

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: December 24, 2007 09:49AM

Kombucha can be dangerous for those who are not well versed in it. The Kombucha "mushroom" could be tainted with foreign pathogenic bacteria or as in one well documented case, lead was leached from the container that was used to make Kombucha and the people who drank the Kombucha had to go tot the hospital for lead poisoning.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables