Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Acne
Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: December 26, 2007 08:45PM

My boyfriend has very bad and consistent acne. He is 21 and its still as bad as ever. He is on a high-raw, sometimes-vegetarian diet. I havent ever had this problem, so I dont know how to help him. I know that it bothers him, and interferes with his confidence, so I would really like to figure out how to improve this for him. He is looking for a natural, health-ful cure, not just a product that he will have to use twice a day for the rest of his life. Has anybody had this experience? What worked for you in clearing up the skin?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Acne
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 27, 2007 02:02AM

What does his daily menu look like? Could you give an example of a typical days food for him?

Posted by: selenes512 ()
Date: December 27, 2007 02:10AM

He will often eat eggs and fruit for breakfast in the morning, a salad wrap with chicken for lunch, fruit all day as a snack and then dinner(often sushi, pasta, organic Amy's Pizzas, relatively healthy non-veg).

He drinks plenty of water. A few months ago he was having problems with body odor, so he cut down on his meat intake, and the problem cleared up after a few days. He also has to go to the bathroom often, and frequently gets diarhea.This and the acne make me think that his body is trying to cleanse itself, but maybe his diet is not allowing this? I dont think he would be willing to switch to the Raw diet, as he is already very thin and afraid of losing weight, so I was wondering if there is something less drastic I can suggest.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 27, 2007 02:14AM

Have him try a whole foods low fat vegan diet. Only eat whole foods, either cooked or raw, and keep that fat intake down to 20%, but 10% would be better.

If he needs to eat animal products, see if he can eat only whole foods plus the animal products, again keeping the fat intake to 10% of his caloric intake. He can use the online nutritional calculators like fitday, nutritiondata, nutridiary, or Cron-o-Meter to monitor his fat intake.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: December 27, 2007 03:24AM

Cooked oils, spices, salt, animal products, refined foods esp. refined sugars/flours, and poor food combining were big triggers for me. low fat high fruit raw vegan diet with food combining seems to be the ticket for me. Nothing I ever did on the outside worked. Only cleaning out from the inside healed my skin. If he is going to keep eating some cooked, he could at least do a low vat whole foods cooked vegan diet with avoidance of cooked oils, salt, refined sugar plus attention to food combining. Each time for me taking one step seemed to make a difference.

Yes the acne is a sign of the body's vitality, trying to rid itself of stuff gone bad inside. I've heard that since skin is an organ, what's going on with the skin reflects exactly what's going on in the internal organs as well. I used to get lots of really painful cysts. Ouch.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: December 27, 2007 04:40AM

My skin cleared up beautifully when I stopped using soap on it. I just use distilled water and rosewater in spray bottles. Chlorine in tap water can be very damaging to skin as well, so get a shower filter, too!
Is he using any harsh chemicals topically now?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 27, 2007 10:46PM

He could try some over the counter Iodine solutions as it will clean the staph, bacterias, and germs from his skin and work on sinking in to cleanse the pores. Rinse off with cool water or leave on for overnight.

His system is trying to cleanse itself by coming out in his skin, so he gets breakouts and if he keeps adding in the junk/SAD foods it may continue into many years of his adulthood and start in with other symptoms.

What goes in, comes out in various ways..depending on the diet and the foods eaten.

Get him the book The China Study, even get it from the library if you can purchase it.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: December 28, 2007 09:36PM

hey.. just a tib-bit of info.. i'm 30 and have been dealing with acne my whole life. since i've been high raw(80-90%)vegan raw- i must say, i have noticed a drastic decrease in my acne. it has cleared up amazingly.. within 3-5 days i noticed a dramatic change. ihave tried every soap, prescricption(execpt accutane),
etc. raw has definetley helped. the change is dramatic. tell him to change his diet(eliminate meat if possible, slowly if necessary). i believe this is the best way to help the skin. my man has been eating high raw for the past 3 weeks and he too has noticed a definitie change. it gets worse at first, but i feel it just part of the cleansing.
brooke

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables