Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hepatitis vaccinations for work.
Posted by: rawfrancois ()
Date: December 26, 2007 06:07PM

First and foremost, I wasn't sure which forum to put this in, but here goes.

I'm reading my CPR booklet for my professional rescuer's course in CPR at the Red Cross. I have another class tomorrow night and then my written exam (I think), and I missed the first hour of my last class. Apparently all professionals who have occupational exposure to hepatitis B + C, etc., need to get vaccinated.

I'm pretty sure I haven't been vaccinated for hepatitis B or C, and I've heard a lot about vaccinations causing complications in infants and children as well as adults. If I don't get vaccinated, does anyone have information about raw foods (or holistic medicine) and the treatment of hepatitis and HIV cases? It would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hepatitis vaccinations for work.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 01, 2008 04:22PM

Hi,
I'm not sure where you are located, but I think it's pretty much across the board in the states, that you can opt out of Hep B vax. I'm a Registered Nurse and I opted out of getting the vax for Hep B. I've always been very, very careful when disposing of needles, always using gloves when starting IV's ect.
It's scary, but I've seen many nurses who do not use universal precautions when handling blood/bodily fluids and starting IV's, I believe that this is a huge reason why Hep B is transmitted to those of us in the healthcare field, not protecting ourselves.

I've read as many as 95% of people exposed to Hep B recover completely without medical intervention. Also, 'they' believe the Hep B vax will only 'protect' (if it does anything at all) a person for up to 7 years, then you must be innoculated for it again, with the series of 3 vaccinations. With all of the junk they put in vaccines, I am aiming to never receive another vaccination in my life, I've made the decision to not vaccinate my 3 children, although they are welcome to make their own decisions when they are of age.

Ultimately this is your decision, although be aware that any vaccine carries risks. Google a search on Hep B vaccine and make sure you read a good sample of the pros and cons and personal stories of those who have been injured from the Hep B vaccine.

Good Luck to you!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables