Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice fasting
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: January 02, 2008 07:52PM

The holidays are over! Friends and relatives are GONE!! Thank goodness!! I love the holidays but I am severly "holiday hungover"....

A friend suggested a juice fast for two weeks....I have not been doing much raw at all...barely any juicing since the beginning of December. I had a huge pinapple/carrot/mango/blood orange juice today, and am thinking of trying to do the juice fast for today...I will worry about the rest tommorrow. If I "plan" on doing it for 2 weeks and then fail to do so, I will feel like a total failure.

So, have any of you done a juice fast? How did you get through it? were there any symptoms? was it horrible without real food? were you tired or sluggish? I like green lemonade and fresh fruit juice combinations best. Any suggestions or adviced would be really appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!

Dafodil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice fasting
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: January 02, 2008 08:13PM

Hi Dafodil,
I feel ya. I wasn't as healthy as I wanted to be this holiday, but I'm starting to feel much better.
A juice fast can be very cleansing. I would stick with the fruits that you love and enjoy and instead of "planning" a two week fast, why don't you just plan a one day juice fast every morning when you wake up. Picking an arbitrary time of two weeks isn't necessary in my opinion because there could be many reasons why you would stop the fast before that and it wouldn't mean that you failed...maybe you just felt cleansed enough.
To misquote David Z Mason; "Failing at something large can make it difficult to appreciate your small successes" ...or something like that.

Good luck, stick with your plan to get back where you feel healthy and I'm sure you'll start to feel better soon.

Aloha nui loa, Greg

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: January 02, 2008 08:19PM

hi

i'm on day 2 of a 2 day oj fast.
nothing but oj and water for 2 days.

done lots of these. they feel good,
you lose a couple pounds, no symptoms,
not tired or sluggish, not horrible, just
a little challenging.
you'll be fine. shoot for 2 days, then
go 80-100% raw for a week or 2 then do
another day or 2 fast, you'll feel great.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 03, 2008 02:40AM

For lots of free info. try juicefeasting.com and they have blogs too you can read of personal experiences.

I did a 2 and 1/2 days of juice fasting in Dec. and it felt great. When I tried to continue it, I couldn't do it..it was just to chaotic around here. I like peace and tranquility when I do a fast so I can rest when I want, take a relaxing bath, do some self tummy massages, etc.

I felt great though after the first fast. I plan on trying to fast one day a week starting in Jan. sometime when I start my 2nd 30 day parasite cleanse program. Maybe around the 15th thru to Feb.15th.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 03, 2008 12:15PM

Ha! Thank you MauiGreg. And thank you Dafodil for your intelligent questions/concerns. My new thing is: The greatest energies are liberated from the smallest particles. To me...the greatest sign of long-term success is the ability to be satisfied and motivated with doing the MOST (quantitatively) VERY SMALL things every day - you know? No amount of care in a SINGLE EVENT will ever yield the long term success of a single organism. Its all about the level of output/process/care. Just my thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables