Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new vegan with no teeth
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 07, 2008 04:01AM

I'm new at raw foods and am looking forward to all the benefits, BUT, I have no upper teeth I have tried eating canned but I think I would get more nutrition from eating the wrapper. Can't chew, so what is best for me steaming, juicing, need help, please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new vegan with no teeth
Posted by: RawsomeButterfly ()
Date: January 07, 2008 04:10AM

How about smoothies, especially green smoothies?

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: January 07, 2008 04:22AM

Yeah, stay away from canned and cooking/steaming. Just blend it or juice it. Blending will "Chew" the food for you. Think of baby food..they don't have teeth either and that's basically what's in those jars of "baby food". Look at blindguru.com for info on blending..just don't buy from him because the guy is a weirdo and his prices are expensive. If you have a blender already just use that to start with and try it out..then buy a more expensive one when you're convinced it's something you want to stick with.

Juicing is also good..you'll get the nutrition but but you won't get the fiber so you'll probably just get constipated..

Posted by: uma ()
Date: January 07, 2008 04:24AM

Yeah, blended is awesome because you can have sweet smoothies when you want, or savory soups when you want, or pudding, or ice cream.... there are lots of options. Some people go on healing diets where they only eat blended raw foods for a period of time and get so much benefit... imagine if you ate like that indefinitely. You'd probably save so much energy from digesting that you'd have to use towards healing and other things.

Love,
Uma

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 07, 2008 05:04AM

Check out the book "Green for Life" by Victoria Boutenko, the best book ever!

Posted by: nataraj ()
Date: January 07, 2008 06:11AM

I would try blended foods and see how that works for you. Even though the food is blended, swishing it around in your mouth for some time and getting as much saliva as possible is very helpful for good digestion. I do this even with juices.

Nataraj

Posted by: rawbryan ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:20AM

Raw Soups, Sauces, Smoothies, Green Power Drinks, Juicing and lots of blending if you can't chew you will have do soft blended food which raw is known for.

Bryan Au
[www.RawInTen.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 07, 2008 12:02PM

Juicing, smoothies, and soft fruits (like bananas) would probably work for you. No so much coconut or apples.....

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables