Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water Dilemmas
Posted by: nik ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:15AM

Everyone has a different idea about what is the ideal water to drink, what they are willing to drink etc. Lots of people will just drink tap water and think nothing of it. They think that bottled water is just a scam, and that all water is water. As long as you live in a good country with "safe" drinking water, it is therefore safe to drink, and you should not destroy the environment by buying bottled water.

Well, out of filtered water, distilled, spring water, etc. MY choice of water that I think is the best and tastes and feels the best to me is Natural Artesian Water. Particularly Fiji Artesian Water. Especially after reading the book, Water and Salt that went into detail why this water is the best, yet even before then it just tasted the best to me.

Where I live they dump chemicals in mass into the water. Sure it's treated, but full of these chemicals, some of which they are calling "fluoride" but is probably something worse. These filters do not filter this out. The filters only produce mediocre water. There is some filter on the sink that was there, built in when we moved in. The water from it tastes horrible to me, it's certainly not making it totally pure. Yet everyone drinks out of it as though it is pure water. I cannot get a huge expensive house reverse osmosis system right now. I have tried this water distiller, and not only did it take forever to produce a little bit of water, but it tasted bad too. Just didn't like it.

So, anyways, everyone always gives me grief for buying and drinking bottled water when they drink the filtered stuff. They try to make me feel guilty saying that I should at least buy local bottled water like Arrowhead or something. Well I don't trust Arrowhead. I know that it is bad to get water in a bottle all the way from Fiji, but it's what tastes best to me. I have a hard time drinking enough water. I tried at one time to not buy it anymore and I got very dehydrated, because I just couldn't get myself to drink the filtered tap water.

I get comments all the time about how it's so stupid flying or shipping the water in, esp. when my husband is carrying a big case of it and it is so heavy. I feel guilty for drinking this water, but I do consider it more of a health supplement almost. Voss water is pretty good too, but that is all the way from Norway and is twice the price as Fiji Water. I also have a problem with the Fiji water coming in plastic, but I'm confused about that too. I would think glass would be best as the Voss comes in. However, on Fiji's site it says that glass bottles are treated with certain chemicals and cleaners that leave a residue and taste in the water. On a taste comparison, I do think Fiji tastes better then Voss. I do recycle each and every single on of my bottles. I don't buy a bunch of pre-packaged food like everyone else does. Too me it is pretty hypo-critical for them to attack bottled water when they have no problem buying and drinking Almond Milks and Beers etc. that are mostly water, and are made and shipped from where? I still feel guilty, esp. cause it's looked so down upon by those around me. Health vs. Environment? What would you do? Continue drinking it, or give it up for the environment?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water Dilemmas
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: January 07, 2008 10:25AM

I think I've had the Fiji water. The one I drunk had some fluorine in it so I stopped. Does yours say how many parts per million (ppm) of fluorine ions there are in the water?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 07, 2008 12:01PM

I just put the filtered water from the machines at my local grocery into glass bottles (empty Wine Jugs)....for my drinking water (although I rarely use it...it's mostly for guests and fasting days). The machines seem to use reverse osmosis, active charcoal filtering, and UV light - so it seems to be pretty clean. I like to suncharge it when possible by leaving it in the sun all day before I drink it. Just my experiences.

-I think YOU need to make a determination about what are the most important things to you. If you feel the bottled water you are drinking is NECESSARY to your goals/health...then it's a no-brainer! If YOU are unhappy or unhealthy....the environment doesn't stand a chance! LOL. The land and the king are one. Love that line.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: nik ()
Date: January 07, 2008 11:15PM

Thanks David. Yeah, the way I look at it is that it is one of my vices, but I'm doing so many other things right, and I am recycling them. I try to eat as local as possible with only a few exceptions like bananas and some other things. I rarely buy coconuts anymore. It's strange that water is what s picked on out of the entire beverage industry.

Anyways, I don't have one of those machines at my store. I'll look for them though.

VeganLife, the fluoride content is: 0.26 mg/L

That is pretty low and is naturally accruing, it's about the same as in a good quality green tea. Flouride accurs naturally in many foods and in teas etc. In tap water they add unnatural flouride in the amount of 1-2 mg/L (1-2 ppm). And if you compare it to some other waters on the market like Trinity (which I won't touch or go near because of the super high flouride), their water contains 3.8 mg / L (3.8 ppm) of flouride. More then twice as much as tap water. The max. allowable limit is 4 ppm for tap water and 1.4-2.4 ppm for bottled water. Because Trinity's water is WAY higher then the max. allowable for bottled water, they get away with selling it with the label of "Natural Mineral Supplement" instead of calling it bottled water. Yet, everyone who buys it drinks it for bottled water and in the same amounts they would drink any water intake. It is very deceiving. I would never touch the stuff! On their website they state - "we label this product as a Natural Mineral Supplement. Second, the granite rock through which Trinity flows is rich in certain minerals, which may be present naturally at levels higher than permitted by federal law for bottled water products."

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: January 08, 2008 03:22AM

David ALWAYS has the right suggestions

but I've been doing my own experimentation

for me when I'm out and about in the material world I grab whichever 'Sings' to me

listen also to the Wolfe man.

Just BELIEVE you drink the best water EVER and the medicine WILL go down.

heh

Just MY beliefs anyway

Kennings Resseius
www.resse.us
"Information for the REST of US"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables