Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

All I want is oranges and orange juice
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: January 09, 2008 05:54AM

And I'm craving sour'ish tastes. I've been drinking a lot of Synergy's Kombucha which is kind of sour. And all of a sudden I like Yogurt and Kefir. (I know, not raw) but it's weird because I used to hate yogurt and would only use a bit to blend with smoothies. Now I can eat a whole container in one sitting and keep craving it. This is weird for me and new. I'm also craving chocolate.

So I'm considering fasting. Usually in January I do the Master Cleanse. But my last fast was in September(?) and I did like 30 days and didn't really get anything out of it. When I retain water it's all in my lymphs and it's just overall puffiness. I've also gained fat and it's in my stomach. Then come to find out it's probably because my thyroid meds were off. I just switched to the "natural" med Armour and everyone is telling me as my dosage increases this weight will come off..but I'm still gaining and bloating.

And because I'm on THIS medication that "wakes up the adrenals".. I'm having adrenal fatigue symptoms and possibly/probably cortisol is off. (Although they're improving)

Anyway....
Do you think I should fast?
My main reason is going to be just so I quit getting fat and so I can lose water. I now have a rebounder and I think I want to fast and rebound everyday.

Or should I give 811 another try and just eat a ton of oranges and still drink the Kombucha I'm craving? My problem with doing it 811 style is that at the end of the night I am hungry and want food (This was mainly where the yogurt was coming in) and the thought of eating a head of romaine or a "salad" makes me want to gag. I just want nothing to do with greens unless they're hidden in carrot juice. Oh yeah.. I crave my carrot/apple and beet juice too. And Goji berries that are somewhere in the mail.

If I fast.. I'll also do wheatgrass juice and I'm considering taking that E3 live for whatever nutrients I'm missing...But I don't want to "Stress" the adrenals even more than they are.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2008 05:58AM by LikeItOrNot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: All I want is oranges and orange juice
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 09, 2008 05:37PM

LikeItOrNot,

How much salt are you eating? That can make you hold more water than you'd think. I started using more salt all around before the holidays and have put on several pounds and while I've been eating steamed broccolli etc some nights since it got cold I still think it's the salt - Namu Shoyu, herbed celtic sea salt, (wish I hadn't bought that).

I've been mono eating oranges for the last couple of days too and today I wanted mangoes for the first time in along time and lo and behold - they finally had some good ones in at the market this a.m. yay!

I get most of my greens in smoothies, takes me too long time to eat all that salad and like you I sometimes don't want it but if I blend it with sweet ripe pears...and some orange juice....mmmmmm.

I've been thinking about a fast too after the indulgences of the holidays, the cravings are still haunting me, I can't get off the popcorn at night! It's the salt I want I think.

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: January 10, 2008 01:33AM

What drew me to this post was the mention of oranges.

My main fruit was banana but now have not had one since before the holidays.

Now all my body seems to want are oranges in the morning and tomatoes along for lunch and dinner (although struggling with cooked tomatoes, like sauce). THis is so unsual but I've been eating oranges every morning and my body loves it.

Fasting might help, I plan on fasting during the spring but until then will look to things like salt use, hydration, cooked vs. raw intake to guide the "bloat factor."

Stay hydrated and follow your "gut" feelings.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 11, 2008 02:37AM

hi likeitornot

i wonder where that girl was who posted as sneakers66 . this used to be when the other forum was up. Hey... sneakers... are you THERE? reading this?

well, anyhow, she could probably give you the best advice
she had some major thyroid issues too and she didn't want it to interfere with her running because she was a world class level runner

so she went on a ( i think but not sure the exact days) something like an 80 day ( something like that) juice fast ( because when her thyroid condition came on, it caused her to gain major weight which was interfering with her ultra competing

she did it with the support of ( i forget the name of that site that supports and coaches people in fasting... but it was that)

and the last i heard from her ( which was quite a few years ago actually when i first came onto this site) , she was running runninG runnning... and in top shape

so... anyhow... does anyone else remember her ( "Sneakers 66"winking smiley when the FIRST forum was up? I used to juice fast with her... til she broke off on her own with that site ( okay.. something like FYI or fasting international?) and went on a 80 day thing which then ( i think) permanently fixed her thyroid condition

she came onto the site talking about her thyroid issues and asking for advice

but anyhow, she kind of turned it around 360 degrees ( don't ask me how.. i don't know how she did it.. but she did)

maybe ask bryan ( since he was also in the last forum)

if he can archive some of her posts perhaps? maybe it will give some clues

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables